Thursday, September 14, 2006

So yeah uhhh I went on a date....

Awhile back I put out a personal ad and kept it up for 4 days. I got 3 responses. Only one had what I asked for, so we began im'ing back and forth then it went to phone like most things go that start on the net. Our original date to have dinner was Sunday the 3rd, but granddaddy passed so we moved it to tonight/last night. I have/had a bad thing for allowing dudes to come over the house for the first meeting...not this time, even though he tried several times to come by to "be there for me in my loss". What and ever. So we had dinner then not too soon after we sat down some slinky chick that works there goes "oh my God, hey *insert dates name, I don't have a name for him yet and it's possible he won't need one* then proceeds to have a 3 minute convo asking him what he is doing now and all that catch up stuff. I give him credit, he tried to get rid of her but she kept talking. Part of me wanted to say something but I was only in his physical presence for maybe 10mins and I was trying to be LADYnay. He never introduced us and later on in the night when I brought it up he told me she was a chick he went to high school with *which the convo kinda confirmed* he didn't intro us because he forgot her name and didn't want to embarrass her. Okay fine.

We have a great convo over dinner and we go to see The Wicker Man, the movie was "eh" I could have waited for it at the $1.50, but I didn't pay for nothing tonight so I guess I got my money worth! LOL During the movie he started to make his move by placing his hand on my thigh. I was very nervous for some odd reason and I sent him very bad body language by keeping my arms folded and legs crossed. I finally convinced myself to relax and it was real cute holding hands and the whole 9. Movie ends and we get in his car and he got real bold by taking my face and kissing me. I knew it was coming so I went with it. I let him explore the upper half of my body and he placed my hand on "him". I couldn't quite tell what he was working with due to how we were seated. I think he could tell what I was doing so he took himself out. Man it's been awhile since I played around in a car! LOL Since it was dark I could not see "it"...so I thanked him orally for about 60seconds so I could get the info I needed and say thanks. **sidenote* At least I didn't have sex with him and I am very proud of myself, I am getting better about that..small steps small steps** He got to making noise and I stopped. I got the b***h are you crazy look and I said "yeah Imma bitch, I know". He gives some bs about how he wasn't calling me any names. What and ever. We play around some more he asks and gets rejected for more head game and he takes me back to my car *we met up at the restaurant*

On the ride back he is saying really nice things, I mean he'd been saying things all night but mostly after the playing. I honestly have a hard time believing a man saying something nice about me in a dating type situation and it not be said because he wants to get da panties. I really need to work on that. He looked offended everytime he would say something nice and my response was a smirk or a "whatever" or "you say that so you can hit", even if that is the truth I didn't need to call him on it. I have a really hard time grasping the possiblity that a man could want to be around me just to be around me. To me there is always some underlined agenda that will end in my unhappiness. Maybe it's me who is always sabotaging my dealings with men. I dunno.

He wants to see me tomorrow and wants to know my schedule Friday. I repeatedly tell him that my availability depends on my ability to find a sitter. He spoke of spontaneity, but I had to explain to him (again) that I like spur of the moment stuff like the next person, but it's not that simple when you date a single parent. Her father is many miles away and my friends have social lives too. I just can't drop Pooka off like that. He seemed to understand *shrug* He gives me my goodbye kiss and makes his last try for me to stop by his house. Once he got the message that I honestly had homework to finish, which is part of the reason I am still up right now and that it wasn't going down tonight he gave his "well like I said I had a good time and let me know about tomorrow" which meant..."get out my car then" I put the keys in the van and I turn to tell him goodnight again and the brotha is on his cell phone, my guess was him calling his booty call for the evening. But then again that could be just me and my tainted by men mentality.

Will I go out with him again? Probably. I am honestly curious about how he uses "it" and how well his mouth works in other places. I also like that fact that we have conversations that don't revolve around sexxx. I want to give him the benefit of the doubt for the not so positive stuff because this was our very first outing, but when I feel like I am in the same situation as the past, I start to act like the same outcome is going to happen and my guard goes wayyyy up. That isn't quite fair to those men that try to get to know me. N E ways...

After I scooped Pooka up I rode home replaying tonight over and over in my head. Then when I got to the part were my date was playing with my hands in the theater my mind shifted to T-Lo, theres this hand thing he always did to me and I thought of all the things we used to do back in the day. If anything else, me and T-lo were a sexual match, not to say others were not compatible with me, it's just that T-Lo was on some off the wall stuff that hooked me from jump. I allowed my little flashbacks to fade and came on in the house. I checked my emailed and T-lo's name was sitting there in my inbox! OMG! You could have knocked me over with a feather because I was just thinking about him! LOL The email simply said "Hey, how have you been?" I replied with the normal answer and informed him of what I had been flashing back on not just minutes earlier. I don't expect a response back till tomorrow/later on today, but it would be nice to be with him one more time...or 10! LOL I am still blown that I crossed his mind close to when he crossed mind. I wonder if he thought about the things I thought about...hmmmmmmmm

The only reason we stopped hanging out was cuz he started acting funny (like they all do) and I took the fact that the last 3 times I been to his place I've been stopped by the police as a sign to not go over there anymore...

Hopefully someone will come through and "change my oil" soon. The "mechanic" gave me the okay continue "riding" around not too long ago, so I am wayyyyyyyy over due for a change!

Knowing my luck, my date for the evening doesn't want to see me again because he didn't get his tonight and T-Lo was really sending an email to see how I was doing..solely... :-(

22 comments:

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

damn wicker man was that bad....the bad wasn't that bad was it?

Ladynay said...

I think it was only (alright) because I was expecting a horror type movie. I really didn't know what it was about b4 hand, I just caught a lil bit of a trailer a few weeks ago and I got the impression it was a horror movie. That's all. By all means go see it and form your own opinion.

LUVIN ME said...

Hopefully you'll get "tightened up" pretty soon. All work and no play...well, you know how it is...

Ladynay said...

Yeah luvin, but the thing I need to learn is how to relax. My date called me on it yesterday and after sleeping on it, he has a point. I need to chill the f out and just roll with it....

4EverJennayNay said...

Nay I would definately be wondering who in the blue was he on the phone with so quick.

its good that you are getting out and meeting new people though.

Ladynay said...

Nay, by the end of the date I was the assuming and overanalytical person I always tend to become...but my thoughts were that it was the backup chick, but I don't know. I am trying not to break anything down to much futher. I really think I messed it up last night and not him. Hopefully he'll give me a second crack at it and I can chill out, but the ball is in his court which I can't stand! :-(

deepnthought said...

I am glad on a date.. YAY. Sorry the movie sucked. Now if only I could get a date,

Ladynay said...

Just put yourself out there like I did, somebody will pop up. Now if that person is compatible is another story! LOL

Anonymous said...

There's not wrong with being cautious when dealing with men but not overly cautious. Don't be a "bag lady"..Erykah Badu song. Every men aren't the same. They may have similarities but aren't the same. LOL

That girl was very rude. And he should have at least waited until you was out of sight to jump on the phone.

Freaky Deaky said...

Oh, the perverted things I could say. I have at least six on my mental list at last count. LOL I'll be good though, I guess.

Yeah, he could've waited until you were gone before getting on the phone. He could've been calling one of his boys and giving him the play by play or he could've be trashing you to the fellas. So it's not necessarily a chick he was on the phone with.

Think I need to try that online dating thing again.

You better hope the Devil's van doesn't find out about what you did. I heard he's the jealous type. [Looking for the Devil's van's phone number.]

Ladynay said...

Southern it's so hard to put your guard down. Fear is a beast!

Ole girl was really rude and just couldn't/wouldn't take the hint when he kept giving her conversation enders.

He was hard and hot so it was prolly done out of irritation! LOL Who knows.

Ladynay said...

Awwwww Freaky that's even worse cuz if he was giving me a bad name to his boys then if I was to ever meet them I would have that over my head! :-(

The van saw me get in his car cuz we were parked side by side. I think it's okay with me...for now! ROFL

Freaky Deaky said...

Well anytime you want to make the Devil's van jealous I'll go out with you. LOL

Ladynay said...

Now why in the world would I wanna make the van jealous??? You just have to bring it some expensive oil or something so it won't strangle you with it's seatbelt or make the airbag magically deploy.

That Dude Right There said...

"Since it was dark I could not see "it"...so I thanked him orally for about 60seconds so I could get the info I needed and say thanks."

You got me laughing uncontrollably with this line!

lj said...

OOOOH.. FASTT ASS...LOL. I think if I gave someone a compliment and they were like "whatever" I'd probably stop. Sounds he just wanted some, but hell so did you..LOL

Ladynay said...

TDRT - whaaaaat I am a hands on learner! LOL

Lj - I am working on the fastness! ROFL! Heck yeah I wanted him!

Trent - to quote my date "everythings everything"...

and I am slowing down, I didn't do too too much on the first date and that is a good thing for me! hahahahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

I kept trying to comment yesterday and blogger was acting up grrrr...glad you enjoyed your date....now get out of self-sabatoge mode

Ladynay said...

NewNew, blogger was trippin on me 2, this morning I couldn't comment on my own page! Grrrrrr

I am learning with each experience to get better....

Ladynay said...

Wow my first negative comment! Guess this means that I officially made it in bloggerdom. Thank you for you comment and opinion.

blkbutterfly said...

you're a good one for doing the online dating thing. i had some good times, but i had to swear it off.

why did i crack up at your oral investigation. LOL... well, girl, do what you do, but be careful.

i hadn't been on a date in a minute. i might need to change that.

Ladynay said...

BB, can you or anyone explain to me why meeting someone online is any different than meeting someone somewhere else? Outside of not knowing immediately what the person currently looked like from the jump, I don't see the big deal or difference...

Do you really want to date after you situation with ole boy?