I made a choice yesterday and I made one this morning.
Yesterday my six year old chose to put a little poop in her panties. Not a lot, but more than not wiping her butt well sufficing for an excuse. On Friday she had a fluid accident. Unacceptable for a six year old. So I chose to make her clean her dirty panties by hand yesterday and she will wash her own by hand every time she has an accident that wasn't made while she was sleep. :-)
This morning I had to tell the orthopedic clinic what my say was. My decision was going to weigh on if they were willing to work around my school schedule. Before I could bring it up the supervisor tells me that want me to start this week. I need at least 2 weeks to give notice to my current job. She wasn't giving me the vibe that I could get my 2 weeks. Decision made! I am going with the hospital. I mean I can't just leave the gov't on a whim! Every business deserves at least 2 weeks notice. Plus I have things I need to clean up and take care of at work. I simply will not leave this job on bad terms like that. I want to have the option to come back if need be! LOL!
I also chose the school I am focusing on trying to get into for PT school. It was Duke, now it's UNC. The supervisor asked me what schools I was going to apply to and I ran off my list. Then she ran down her list telling me her opinion of what kind of PT school they are. She didn't say anything negative about the Blue Devils or Tarheels but then she looked me in the eye and said. If you go to Duke, no matter how much your salary is, you'll be paying for your education for the rest of your life. She was serious. I knew that Duke was pricey but I really gotta look over the tuition figures for these schools again. Plus I kinda have dialogue with a recent UNC PT school grad and a faculty member who is on the ADMISSIONS COMMITTEE! SWEET! Plus the hospital I plan to work with have ties to UNC. So I got a better network going in the UNC direction. Not to mention I just so happen to have my Carolina blue polo on. :-)
This afternoon I am going to talk to the hospital's manager and she what she thinks about my changing schedule. If she is down, then awesome. If not, I still have Dunn PT in the pot. I blogged about them awhile ago. That's the clinic that is 1.5 miles from where I live. They already have my resume on file and the HR lady told me to call them in July just to remind them that they have my resume.They haven't offered me anything, but they will need aides/technicians in August which is perfect timing for me. So no matter what happens I won't be out.