Liryc tagged me last week and I am basically supposed to jot down 7 songs I am feeling right now. It can be from any time or genre and don't have to have words. I hardly know the real name of a song and I guess the artist but hopefully I'll describe it enough that you know what I am taking about...
1) Lil Wayne's A Millie. I call it I'm illin'. I like the original not the remixes. It's one of them songs that always comes on when I am on my way to pick up the kid and I always feel the need to put my shades on if not already on, pump the radio up, and lean to the side. It's just that kind of song.
2) RickRoss's (?) Superman. The chorus goes something like I gotta couple dollars gonna spend 'em on herrrrr, she can be my lady she can be my lover, call me on the late night get tight he ain't acting right, cuz a superwoman needs a superman....HERE I AM! The words are not 100% but those are the words I use! That's just my jam of the moment.
3) Rihanna's Don't Stop the Music or Things for You (?). It's a toss up between those 2. They are starting to play Don't Stop the Music out but I have not reached the point where I can turn the station when it comes on. Just gotta move. Things for You (?) is off her album with that "tell me what you want and you can make me your girl, your girl, tell me what you need and baby come and share my world, my world oh oh oh oh" song on it. So it's like the first or second album. They played it on the radio a billion times.
4) Jasmine's I Want You Back(?). Jasmine is one of Missy Elliott's new creations and her first song is a love type song with reggae instrumentation. The song doesn't sound like it goes together but that's part of what makes it cool to me. Can't explain it.
5) J-Lo's Get Right featuring F.A.B.O.L.O.U.S. Love this song! Usher had a fit cuz one of his songs has that same saxophone background but he didn't use the music like J-Lo, back when she was J-Lo, did.
6) Isley Brothers How Lucky I Am. I don't if they were all supposed to be upbeat songs on my 7 but I love this song. Every time I hear it I just wanna close my eyes, think happy thoughts and chill. Maybe there is a universe where someone would think that way about me.
7)DMX, Sean Paul, and Dido (?)Here Comes the Boom from the Belly soundtrack. The song is old as dirt but just like the Rihanna song, I have yet to reach a point where I can turn away from it once it's on. Just can't do it. I miss DMX. He needs to get his head right and get back in the studio!
This pass weekend I went to 2 cookouts on Friday, tried to sleep and study Saturday and cleaned up Sunday. The cookouts were cool. Everything went like the typical cookout until the end of the second one. There was a touch of drama! No need to go into detail but let me say... Mess around with a queen all you want to, but that queen is still a man and if you mess with the right one he will beat you down as such. Period. Also at the second cookout I was able to make a lot of observations. One being that only at a majority gay/lesbian event that seeing one gender playfully flirt with the opposite gender seem so...so... WRONG! LOL
About 2 nights ago Pooka and I was watching tv and they showed Barack Obama. Pooka acknowledged it by saying his name. So I asked her...
"Who is Barack Obama?"
She thought for a second. "The president."
"No, he's not the president, he is trying to be the president." After I give her the 1st grade version of how it all works I asked. "Who is Barack Obama running against, who else is trying to be the president?"
Pooka thinks long and hard on this. She finds the answer in her head and replied "George Washington!"
I like to DIED laughing! I told her that GW was the first president and that it's John McCain that wants to be the president too.
Gotta love it...George Washington!