DPT function last night...complete
TKD function tonight...complete
Weekend job function tomorrow....incomplete
Let's start with the DPT potluck function last night. I learned that when DPT students say potluck they mean nothing more sophisticated than pigs in a blanket, beer, and wine. What did Ladynay bring??? A shrimp platter of course! A platter that leaked shrimp juice all over my sparkly red shirt causing me to run to Wally World and pick up the first red or green shirt that fit! LOL!! For a long time, folks that were not drinking or did not drink had NOTHING to sip on. If it wasn't for a 2nd year student who just happened to remember that she still had her 12 pack of diet Mountain Dew in her ride, that she brought for her place, we would have just sipped spit! LOL! To break down the whole party would take forever but here are more things that I learned last night:
1) Beer Pong is one of the most unsanitary games ever.
2) I may not be able to hang with my lighter compadres when it comes to drinking.
3) I didn't have to purchase all the books the professors said I needed. Oh well it adds to my professional library.
4) About 6 months into the program we will basically be naked in class. That's around the time we start manual muscle testing and palpation which requires putting your hands on folks and clothes get in the way. The second year that contributed her soda told me and some other first years that we need to invest in really good sports bra's and full coverage panties and/or short shorts. She also said "It would be so weird to sit in class fully dressed" to which another 2nd year agreed. Guess who was playing Dance Dance Revolution this morning? LOL! They did say that it was weird at first and most folks were petrified, but after awhile no one cares.
5) The board exam is 250 multiple choice questions! THANK YOU GOD!!!! I seem to do well on multiple choice tests.
6) I have a classmate name Will.Nut.t (insert jokes here) and he is the coolest guy ever! He's like 7 feet tall! I exaggerate but dude made us feel like little people! LOL!
7) I wasn't the only person nervous about the party. Once everyone worked the room and had a few beers in them it was like we all partied together all the time!
8) I left at midnight and folks were still coming in...with more beer in hand! My new cohorts were like "you leaving????" I told them I had to work in the morning and had to drive back to Raleigh. I got hugs before I left. Awwwwwwwwwww I am part of the family now.
9) My big brother and big sister were both in attendance and they are cooler in person than they are online! YAY!
10) There is a 2nd year student that lives in Raleigh that commutes to school on the train! Looking at the train schedule it's 16 bucks round trip which is great! The only bad side is that the return trip would not get me back in Raleigh in enough time to pick Pooka up. I get charged for picking her up late and I can't have that! But that is definitely an option on days Pooka doesn't have school. I gotta save mileage on Mia somehow! :-P
11) Ummmm did I already say that potluck to them means bring your favorite type of beer, not bring something to eat? LOL!
This was all the DPT students that were there an hour after the party started. I swear every ten minutes more folks showed up....with beer! LOL
First years REPRESENT!!!!!! Or as the higher years have termed us, ROOKIES REPRESENT!!!! LOL! There's Will!
I had a fantastic time last night and my nerves have calmed some about starting the program.
Okay, Pooka's TKD Holiday Party...
This was my first time going and it was different than what I was expecting. Pooka and I got there late because I had to work and when I got home I had to shower and all that good stuff. When we stepped in the spot everyone had pretty much eaten and it was club tae kwon do up in there! We got our different slides on, I partially learned this dance to a Miley Cyrus song, and stepped to the name of love (R.Kelly) with a parent that I've never seen before! LOL! It was set up so the music video would play against a screen. They had the music pumping! They played all types of party songs from various genres! There was this one song on the playlist that I love but didn't catch the name or artist but I need that song to workout too! ASAP!
Santa's in the hizzouse!
Pooka getting her wish list in.
Headmaster Kick your butt with a finger fixing the party lights.
Time to dance!
Throw yah hands in the air!!!!
What yall know about that there?
Pooka getting her dance on.
Fun, fun, fun! Everyone had a good time laughing and dancing around.
Today at work I was informed that I was going to some holiday function in downtown Raleigh. I mean my name was on the ticket and everything! LOL! I was told which 2 residents I was to take with me and what time to be there *crickets*. They didn't even ask me if I wanted to go! Why they pick me vs. my other coworker? Because of the nature of the event I doubt I'll be able to take pics. To take photo's of residents and most members of the population that will be there, you have to have consent from a parent or guardian yada yada yada! I have a feeling it's going to be boring, but just in case it's a party atmosphere I'm taking a client that loves to dance so I'll be ready with my partner! LOL! Since I am getting paid to attend this holiday function can I change my last name to Kardashian (sp)? HAHAHAHAHAHA!