Thursday, May 24, 2012

Blogger got some new stuff going on!

I have spent the last few minutes trying to figure it all out. I am lost! LOL!

Anywho....

How the hell you been? I will update myself on you guys momentarily.

How have I been? Whew lawd! LOL

There have been a lot of ups and downs, stressful situations and praise worthy moments that's for sure. Instead of making this a long post about the past, I will talk about today. Today was GREAT! Today was the first day of me not having any more classes for school! WOOT WOOT! I am off today, tomorrow, and alllllllllllllll of next week! I don't know what to do with myself! LOL! Well I take that back, I have to work tomorrow, Saturday, Sunday and next Thursday and Sunday. Then Pooka is still in school until June 7th and still taking Tae Kwon Do and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu (BJJ). Did I blog about that? I am too lazy to go back and check, LOL! Pooka started taking BJJ about a month ago and fell in love with it! That's her on her first day. She is the one on top.



She definitely gets her absolute love of martial arts from her father. Granted, I like it to, but not like they do. So I have reason to leave the house everyday next week. I won't sit here and stare at the wall anytime soon, lol.

June 4th starts my 6 month internship at Duke Medical Center. I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited! It's kinda surreal that when I commute to campus in December it will be to finalize things for graduation! I will be a career woman in 2013! OMG OMG OMG OMG! Can.not.wait.

I have seemed to have lost over 20lbs on the "I can't really afford real groceries so we stretched the heck out of some beans, rice, and veggies" diet! ROFL! Hopefully I can keep the weight loss when I have a full pantry and fridge soon. This graduate student budget SUCKS! But I won't complain. I came very close to losing my job recently (part of the stress I had going on) so I have to be thankful for having income coming in still. It is better than none at all. My classmates have noticed the weight loss in my face but I still can't see it. *shrug* Operation nice graduation pic is in process :)

Speaking of which, I was debating on starting a boxing class while Pooka was away for the summer. The place she takes BJJ offers many classes, including the boxing class taught by a sexxxy young man named Remy. He is a bit slim for my tastes, but yummy none the less. Eye candy and toning up all this jiggle at the same time? Win, win! LOL! I have not decided just yet on whether to take it or not. We will see.

Hmmmmmm tight body, educated, career woman with her own stuff? This could get dangerous! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

8 comments:

Jameil said...

Yay for great stuff!!

E said...

Guuurrrlll...things are really coming together. I'm really excited about your Duke opportunity as well. Don't you just love when a plan comes together? And wow...Pooka is getting taller. Nice to see she's on top of things...*LOL*

And yeah usually I'm the last person to notice any weight loss so that's normal that you notice it. :-)

One of these days we have to meet...definitely once things calm down for you.

E said...

That one comment should say..."And yeah usually I'm the last person to notice if I have any weight loss so that's normal that you don't notice it." :-)

Monique said...

Hey stranger! The finish line is insight. Just keep pushing!

Chet said...

I know it must be somewhat confusing or better yet quite the conundrum, but it appears you have your ducks in a row.

It will all come together, enjoy the journey

Tz said...

Congrats for making it through all that! LOL Congrats to Pooka! Sending you some strength. Enjoy your school free days. And get ready for workin woman! WOOT WOOT

K. Rock said...

Yeah blogger did switch it up on you huh?

You got a lot of good stuff going on. Yay for that!

Let me know how the boxing goes. I am about to start taking classes too.

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Whatup doe!! Glad to see that things are coming together for you. Yeah the new blogger... I resisted until the very end then it updated on its own in April. Boxing sounds fun! I can't play fight tho lol so I'm gonna take this bootcamp class. Keep us updated.