Friday, August 19, 2005

Friday

Nuttin' much happened last night...came home, went through my after work routine, went to bed. NO ONE called me last night :-( So I slept good and hard. Tomorrow morning I will get up and spend the day at NCCU...getting my books...getting my parking sticker...basically getting everything straight for class Monday. Since this is an HBCU I know that this venture will take ALL DAY!

Last night I called the number K-digga's man/ex left me and of course neither one can be found so I guess I will swing by the place she stays/was staying to go get her. I really need a fresh hair do for Monday.

That's about it...here is a forward my girl sent me. I won't post many on my blog. I promise!

My Mom used to cut chicken, chop eggs and spread mayoon the same cutting board with the same knife and nobleach, but we didn't seem to get food poisoning.My Mom used to defrost hamburger on the counter AND Iused to eat it raw sometimes, too.

Our schoolsandwiches were wrapped in wax paper in a brown paperbag, not in ice pack coolers, but I can't remembergetting ecoli.

Almost all of us would have rather gone swimming inthe lake instead of a pristine pool (talk aboutboring), no beach closures then.

The term cell phone would have conjured up a phone ina jail cell, and a pager was the school PA system.We all took gym, not PE... and risked permanent injurywith a pair of high top Ked's (only worn in gym)instead of having cross-training athletic shoes withair cushion soles and built in light reflectors.

I can't recall any injuries but they must have happenedbecause they tell us how much safer we are now.Flunking gym was not an option... even for stupidkids! I guess PE must be much harder than gym.

Speaking of school, we all said prayers and sang thenational anthem, and staying in detention after schoolcaught all sorts of negative attention. We must havehad horribly damaged psyches. What an archaic healthsystem we had then. Remember school nurses? Ours worea hat and everything.

I thought that I was supposed to accomplish something before I was allowed to be proud of myself.

I just can't recall how bored we were without computers, Play Station, Nintendo, X-box or 270 digital TV cable stations.

Oh yeah... and where was the Benadryl and sterilization kit when I got that bee sting? I could have been killed!

We played 'king of the hill' on piles of gravel lefton vacant construction sites, and when we got hurt,Mom pulled out the 48-cent bottle of Mercurochrome(kids liked it better because it didn't sting likeiodine did) and then we got our butt spanked.

Now it's a trip to the emergency room, followed by a 10-daydose of a $49 bottle of antibiotics, and then Momcalls the attorney to sue the contractor for leaving ahorribly vicious pile of gravel where it was such a threat.

We didn't act up at the neighbor's house either because if we did, we got our butt spanked there and then we got butt spanked again when we got home.

I recall Donny Reynolds from next door coming over and doing his tricks on the front stoop, just before he fell off. Little did his Mom know that she could have owned our house. Instead, she picked him up and swatted him for being such a goof. It was a neighborhood run amuck.

LOVE TO ALL OF US WHO SHARED THIS ERA, AND TO ALL WHO DIDN'T- SORRY FOR WHAT YOU MISSED. I WOULDN'T TRADE IT FOR ANYTHING.

Lemme add....

I don't remember ever wearing a car seat....

Riding in the back of a pick up truck with my cousins and dem was the best thing since sliced bread, and don't let my uncle be driving!!!!

I was someones blood sister. Yah know when you both prick your fingers and put your fingers together to seal the deal.

I am too young to feel this old! LOL