Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Bleh

Still tired, still nothing new, still don't' feel like looking for a meme.

Went to class yesterday. Was on campus on time, was at the building on time, it just took half an hour to find a parking space so I was mad late.

Walked into class and everyone was nose deep into a test. The teacher gave me mine (he don't have a name yet) and I did something stupid. I assumed this was a test to see where everyone was so he'd have an idea of where to start teaching. So I answered a few questions incorrectly on purpose thinking he'd spend an extra week or so covering easy stuff while I get adjusted to the flow of my new schedule. When I completed the test and returned it I told him he was wrong for giving a test the very first day and he said that what he is going to do is give out the same test at the end of the semester and we'll get the see how much we've learned! OMG! So this basically means that I have a pretty good grasp of this class too! Granted I am not as intimidated by this class now knowing this fact, but still can I get something new? All the stuff on the test was dealing with forces and my Kines class was mostly forces. The only difference is that my Kines class spoke of sports and body parts vs. everyday living stuff like screwdrivers and wrenches. If a diver falls at 32f/s/s a metal ball is going to fall at 32f/s/s! Sheesh this is going to be a boring semester! I hope these two courses get tougher as we go along. I do better when I am being challenged. I may complain during the task, but that's how I thrive. When my peers warn me about some teacher that is difficult that I registered for, I make it a point to concur that class.

Anywho, I am starting to kinda want a personal life again. I am ready to have some quality me time. I am ready for a real vacation. I am ready to quit my job. I am wanting that extra positive spice to life. This can't be as good as it gets.

15 comments:

Ladynay said...

Too lazy to run around the circles I need to add on to my post at work but whatever...

When I dropped Pooka off at daycare this morning, her teacher told me that she caught her kissing a little boy on the mouth. Then she mentioned this was not the first time. I have a idea of the little boy she is kissing on but other than talking to her about only kissing me, her dad, her grandma's,etc...and nobody gets kissed on the mouth. I don't even kiss her on the mouth! I don't know what else I can do. She's only 4 on the edge of 5. I shouldn't be having conversations about kissing right now. I don't remember kissing anyone till I was in elementary!

I had a lil convo w/her before I left daycare and she admitted that she was kissing on the mouth. She looked like she was ready to cry when I told her not to be kissing on people at the daycare. I am going to have another one tonight just as reinforcement, may even have her father do it over the phone. I dunno.

Like I said, hugging is fine, kissing is crossing the line!

LUVIN ME said...

Is does get better...

Dang, I haven't even had that convo with my eight year old yet. Pooka is not playing around. But seriously, just like the potty training thing, she'll come around. As long as you give her consistancy, she'll get the picture.

blkbutterfly said...

i hate classes that don't challenge me. i had quite a few of those in grad school, believe it or not. undergrad? here and there, as can be expected.
anyway, since the semester looks like it'll be a cake walk for you, perhaps you can use the time you'd have spent studying to focus on having more of a personal life. it's important to find that balance. (that last line was also directed at me; i'm struggling to find a work-life balance. i don't know how i would do it w/ a child. props to you!)

Ladynay said...

I hope so Luvin, on both issues. Momma can't have her 5 year old kissing boys on the mouth! LOL

Grad school classes that don't challenge? Boooooooooooooooo! There is a way to balance everything, I just haven't figured it out yet.

Ms.Honey said...

What?! Pooka tryin to give it to em...nah boo boo

I can remember when I was a lil younger and kids would do that and people would be like oh they don't kow what they doing...yea they do that's how accidents happen LOL....dont' you hate when you think something is gonna be a challenge and it's just tooo easy.

Personal life.... smershonal life, LOL...what's that

Ladynay said...

HECK YEAH they know what they doing! She wouldn't have covered my eyes when the chickens kissed in the movie if she didn't know better! She know she don't have know business kissing folks period, 'specially on the mouth! Ugh! Some people let too much stuff slide and end up grandparents. I am okay with hugs, I am not okay with kissing non family members!

ShawnQt said...

:) kiss!

Ladynay said...

*sidenote* the light just came on about the word "concur" in my blog. I knew I wanted to type conquer but the spelling would not come to me until just now! LOL

QT - *insert eyeroll* funny, very flipping funny! *wink*

Freaky Deaky said...

Maybe you should see an advisor or faculty head and voice your disappointment and concerns over the repetition of materials between courses and the lack of challenge and mental stimulation. Maybe between all of you they can figure out how to make your coursework more challenging without messing up your financial aid. A lot of schools have a thing where you basically design your own curriculum.

Ladynay said...

Freakster darling, I like that idea. Thanks!

Ladynay said...

Southern, yeah O may not understand but Pooka knows better!

Tz said...

Kissing in elementary school! Like mother, like daughter! J/K Now that is a hard one to grasp. Jj does not do that...... she'll punch you first! Like mother, Like daughter! LOL

Did you say roadtrip! LOL My classes start Tuesday :(

Ladynay said...

Your silly girl! LOL
Roadtrip? When you coming this way cuz I know I ain't going nowhere no time soon! hahahahahahaha

Anonymous said...

HAY HAY aint been here in awhile....what a huge mistake

Ladynay said...

Yaz, either you changed your name or never commented before. Either way welcome back :=)

TZ,That's what's up, just let me know.