Wednesday, September 27, 2006

I need a vacation soon....

I keep saying that but today was an example that I really need to get away! I get to work and it's not uncommon for folks to come to me with issues before I even get to my office. But yesterday it was like people were coming in and out like a revolving door, mostly complaining about the coworker that everyone wants to drop kick. I am starting to reach my breaking point and I tell everyone that I need some time to get it together and tell some others to ask the coworker herself why she did what she does because sometimes I can't see the logic in what she does and I don't have the answer. I am walking towards the bathroom and the coworker everyone is upset with stops me to basically ask me to tell the other coworkers she is right. I tell her I will get back to her and she keeps pressing the matter. Now being that this is a darn near everyday thing I went off. It was like the camel that broke the camels back. It was like folks were tossing a dynamite around and it just went off when it was in her hand. I really didn't raise my voice at her because it was her, I was just pent up with all this frustration everyone decided to unload on me and I unloaded all of it on her.

I made her cry. I didn't mean to, honestly! I finally made it to the restroom and when I was on my way back to my office everyone was looking at me like OH MY GOD! I didn't say anything and just kept walking with my head pointed st8 ahead and closed my door. About 10 mins go by and my office neighbor comes in and asks me if I am okay. At this point I am upset because I allowed myself to get unprofessional, part of my position is supposed to be able to settle disagreements and I do that for the most part, but they were coming back to back to back and I lost it. My coworker told me that she has NEVER heard me speak like that and she was concerned if I was really okay. I told her I was going to be I just needed time to come back down. When I got it together I called the coworker I raised my voice at and apologized. I would have done it in person but she works in a big open room and we didn't need an audience. Long story short is she didn't hear the apology. I kept doing it but in this coworkers nature it's all about her and how everyone hates her and everyone yells at her and treats her different and she is telling me things that she should be telling the supervisor. I listened to her and told her if she felt this way and that she should tell our supervisor and AGAIN that the purpose of my call was to apologize and to let her know that it wasn't about her.

"You wouldn't have done it if it was *insert administrator's name*"

Ummmmmmmmmmmmm yes I would have! I even put that on my grandfather's grave that it could have been the TOP TOP state elected DOG and it would have come out the same way with the same attitude! She wasn't hearing it and thankfully it was time for me to go to class so I cut the convo short.

I go to class and I am already lost again once I found a little enlightenment in physics, we have a test on Thurday and this cat teaches another chapter that WILL be on the test!!!! Oh yeah, there is NO TUTOR to be had right now. I just cried, literally! It was like...I don't know, it just wasn't right! How can he do that! Many of us were upset but only me and another girl had tears. I am not alone in feeling the way I did, it's just to much. I read more last night and will tonight then just have a talk with God Thursday morning.

I get back to work and apparently the chick who I raised my voice to left for the day and the rumors are flying about me cussing her out which DIDN'T HAPPEN! Anyways my supervisor comes to me and we figure out how we gonna solve this issue between my team. Today we are basically gonna have a pow wow,have everyone say what they need to say st up, pass the peace pipe and sing Kum by yah or whatever that song is. Hopefully the Lord will come by there because the issues my team has goes way beyond work and to some it's personal.

In other news, Miss Pooka and I go to Wendy's so she can get her frosty because she got 3 smiley faces on her chart and I told her the nest time she gets 3 smiley faces I would get her a frosty (I forgot I told her that, she didn't). While there a white family comes in and the little white boy comes by out table and says hi to Pooka, she says hi back and he gives her a hug and keeps going. I ask her if he goes to her school and she tells me he goes to her daycare. Now there is no problem with this, but I was just thinking to myself that my kid is a BOSS! LOL This white boy is a different boy than the one I mentioned before. Let me find out we can't no where without little boys coming to say hello to my kid! What is THAT about?

10 comments:

Jameil said...

first! :D

deepnthought said...

I have had days like that. Girl, I feel your pain. I think you did right. I hope for the best outcome in the pow wow today. You will get your vacation soon. Maybe we can start a blog fund...hmmm. Send ladynay on a vacation with a hunk before she snap out fund.. How does that sound?

Jameil said...

i love that your daughter has the white boys sprung. that's great.

when you feel yourself on the verge of exploding unprofessionally, you need to remove yourself. when you were on your way to the bathroom was the time to say wait a minute. i will get to you in a minute, but right now is not the time, then walk away.

that is your right as a person and as a supervisor. and if y'all are going to have the productivity necessary, that pow wow is going to have to happen. you can do it. just make it happen.

Ladynay said...

DNT - I just hope everyone can talk calmly when they say their piece! I love the sound of a paid trip somewhere with someone gorgeous! LOL I think I may just may gas up this weekend, get on the hwy and stop where ever I stop.

Jameil - I don't know what in the world she is doing but she sure got her some love. Where was my male friend? Where was my hug? LOL

Stormy - this blessing should be nice! I just hope I don't hurt nobody b4 it comes! LOL

Ladynay said...

Oh and Jameil, I did tell her to hold on while on my way to the rest room, but she kept talking which led me to raise my voice...

ShawnQt said...

I'm sure your a great leader, but sometimes we lose it... Im glad u saw your mistake. What would u do to fix it next time?

Hmmm Frostys, I love the new vanilla ones!
I wish I got smiley faces at work! I should start my own chart, everytime I do a good job and the client is happy, and I don't get yelled at by my boss, I get to treat myself to a Frosty, lol.

Ladynay said...

I just reread my post and you can tell I started it last night! LOL

Shawn, hopefully there won't be a next time but if someone does not go away after I tell them I will get back to them, I will repeat myself one more time if possible and walk away myself.

ROFL@U, we all need our encouragement and incentives! So go for what you know!

TTD said...

maybe you need to drop that course.. do you HAVE to take Physics? It may be too late to add another course.. but maybe you need to a break (school, work, & kid can be overwhelming) and start back up next semester w/ another science.. just my 2 cents

Ms.Honey said...

Get it Pooka LOL..she got all the races lined up.

Sometimes you need to just let it out, sorry for oh girl but she had it coming, cause if it didn't come from you it would have come from someone else.

Ladynay said...

I can't stand blogger, I had a nice lengthy response typed up...

Basically I said TTD, I have to take Physics 1 and 2, also since I will still be a mom and employee if I stopped and restarted it wouldn't make since for me to stop. I just have to bite my lip and bare it.

Honey, I said that I don't want 2 b a grandma as soon as Pooka's period starts so I am keeping a watch on her now and that what I told the coworker wasn't harsh it was they way I said it that was inappropriate. If one of my team told her off some of them would have went for blood with their words.