Friday, December 08, 2006

:-(

The performance last night was sooooooooooo cute, too bad Pooka wasn't on stage! Her dad was running late and I told him just to meet us in the multipurpose room at school which he did. I picked Pooka up and when we passed the street to go home she asked me where we were going. After I told her we were going to school her attitude changed, when at the school she says she wants to stay in the van. She gave much resistance but we eventually got inside the school. The kids were supposed to be dressed in pj's so we went to the restroom for Pooka to change and she just starts to cry, real tears and all. She tells me she doesn't want to sing. I get her together and drop her off where she's supposed to be and mosey to the multipurpose room. Before the kids entered Babydaddy walked in an took his seat next to me close to the door where the kids were coming in from.

At 6:30 on the dot the kids came in. Yes, there is not enough C's to work on CP time at her school. LOL! So the kids trek in and when Pooka came in and saw all the parents up in there, she froze. When she saw Babydaddy it was really a wrap! It was like f mommy, f singing, f this program, f the school. So in attempt to keep the line going we (me, Babydaddy, and her music teacher) were telling Pooka to keep up w/the line. That's when breakdown #2 happened. We (the teacher and I)made a quick decision to let her stay offstage until she was ready and she told me that Pooka wasn't the only child to get stage fright. The program was really really cute. They did this song called boogie down Blitzen (I think) and they were up there shaking their non existent hips and snapping there fingers just getting down. They had this 4th grader dress up as a reindeer with some shades and he was grooving! Who said white folks can't dance? Unfortunately someone's video is gonna have me laughing the whole time during that song. I couldn't help it it was funny. The only way it would have been better was if Pooka was on the stage with them. I felt jipped out of my "that's my baby" moment and I felt bad for Babydaddy cuz he drove down here to have Pooka sit on his lap and watch her classmates sing and have fun. He didn't seem to mind.

Them going out to dinner turned into us going to the grocery store and picking up somethings *insert church step here* I didn't want to spend money I knew he didn't have but he was persistent in putting stuff in the cart. I eventually just stopped rejecting and let him buy the groceries. I'll take the total off the balance he owes me. We ate dinner and BD put Pooka down and I went down after that. That's it besides BD getting a speeding ticket. Since he was running behind schedule the fool was speeding in Virginia. That's such a no no. He claims he wasn't speeding but he drives fast in general, and if he's late it gets worse, so I am more inclined to believe he got caught. He says he is gonna fight it, but I don't know if that's gonna work!

Well time to wake BD to wake Pooka! LOL

Lata

11 comments:

Omar Ramon said...

aww poor pooka. I used to be crazy shy. I know the feeling.

deepnthought said...

I hate that pooka got stage fright. But she still got to spend time with her dad. I had terrible stage fright and still suffer with it from time to time.

Ladynay said...

O, I hope she bounces out of it like you eventually did.

DNT, I hate it too. She definitely enjoyed her limited time with her dad and vice versa. I don't remember having stage fright, I had a tendency to zone out when I used to be on stage or in the spotlight performing. Now giving speeches is different! LOL

blkbutterfly said...

nah, that was a diva move right there. pitch a fit, shed some tears, hold up the production, all in an attempt to to get her way. lol...

but, seriously, that's too bad she got a case of stage fright. well, at least she got to spend some time with her daddy. i guess at the end of the day that's the most important thing.

Ladynay said...

Dat's my baby diva in training right there in a nutshell! LOL

Yeah your right, the best was made of the situation. She was in daddy wonderland and he loved every minute of it.

Freaky Deaky said...

Well at least she didn't throw up or have any accidents. I seem to recall someone doing one or the other at one of our little school musicals. It wasn't me, by the way.

Well she got to spend some time with her daddy so that's all that really matters for her.

Ladynay said...

Whew! Thank goodness for small favors! You can admit it was you Freaky, it's okay I won't tell nobody! :-)

Your right, time was well spent for her.

Lady J said...

Poor baby! That was a good choice not to let her perform. Baby was scared. I never had stage fright I was all ways the one to say bring on the audience cause I want to perform.

Ladynay said...

Why am I not surprized by that Lady J? ROFL

Ladynay said...

I hope your right. I was dissappointed that I didn't get a chance to see my baby on stage.

meljoy said...

awww, poor pooka, she'll prolly grow up to be really outgoing :-)