Friday, May 11, 2007

Happy Mother's Day!

It's not till Sunday but I doubt my laptop will play nice this weekend so there it is. Happy Mother's Day to all the moms whether you birthed your child(ren) or not and a special shout out to the mom that society don't talk about very much...the single father! On father's day you hear soooooo much about single mothers that play mom and dad, but you don't hear too much about the single fathers out there that play dad and mom. My hat goes off too you!

For my day I got a square tile with a big heart in the middle and multicolored dots around the perimeter. Very cute. My daughter gave it to me wrapped yesterday and I gueeeeeeeess I was supposed to wait till Sunday to open it, but hey, why wait? LOL My grandmother sent me a cute card with 5 bucks in it.

I don't really do the card thing very much so my mom and grandma know not to really expect one. This year for mothers day my mom got her trip to Jamaica and my grandmother got the portion I paid for her enjoyment of Jamaica! LOL

My plans consist of hitting the trail both Sat. and Sun. Gotta work this vacation off. Clean on Sat. and maybe meet up with lsbnmom and ladykat for brunch Sunday. I say maybe cuz right now due to my vacation I am on a budget, a serious budget. So depending on where they decide to go I may bow out. I am watching the baby Sunday night so even if I bow out of brunch, I will still see them that afternoon.

School starts back up on Monday. I am taking another anatomy type course for Summer I and Swimming for Summer II. For the first time since I have began my college career I have to come out of pocket! It's the schools fault IMO, more specifically the Physics Departments fault. At my school to get financial aid during the summer you have to be registered for 6 hours, so I signed up for Physics II (4 hours) and Swimming I (2 hours). No problem. I got my aid package and even had a nice little check coming back my way.

Then it happened. The Physics Dept. decided that they didn't want to offer Physics II during the summer and cancelled it, dropping me to 2 credit hours. I signed up for Muscular Skeletal Anatomy (3 hours) which is the only other course offered in the summer that I need. So that left me at 5 hours and my aid got dropped. Now why didn't I just sign up for easy course to get my hours past 6? Well I thought about that, and (1) I am already taking a filler course in the fall (sign language) and (2) the only filler course I saw for the summer was rhythmic aerobics, and if I signed up for it there would be NO WAY I could work 40 hours at the job. The management staff has been wonderful in allowing me to set my own work schedule, but I know that they are not going to let me work less than a 40hr. week. So I gotta suck it up this semester, which is another reason my budget is so strict right now. I think of it like this. For years I have been basically getting paid to go to school. I can handle one session out of pocket. I will get the money back by time I graduate.

Life just would have been easier if they would not have cancelled the class.

Edit: Since the university can not guarantee I will be a student in the fall despite me all ready being registered for classes, I can not use aid for a future term this term. Thanks for the suggestions anyways dearys :-I *sigh*

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

At my school, if you went to summer school and you didn't get any aid and didn't want to pay out of pocket, you could pay for your summer courses with your fall aid. They just take out what you owe from what you are getting back from you fall semester aid. I'm sure the majority of the students didn't know this b/c they didn't tell you, you could do it. That's why you got to ask questions. So go talk to someone in financial aid about doing that if you don't want to pay out of pocket. You never know until you try.

Happy Mother's Day to you!!!

Ladynay said...

I just called the financial aid dept. and they not trying to pick up the phone. I will keep trying tho'. Thanks for the suggestion. It wouldn't hurts to ask, the worst they can tell me is that they don't do it. *shrug*

Happy Mommy day 2 u 2!

Freaky Deaky said...

Yay to the single fathers!

Can I have a dollar? What? You got $5. You're so stingy! :oP

That sucks having to come out of pocket to pay for the summer session. Maybe you need to quit calling and just go down to campus and have a face to face. Either way I hope things work out for you.

I just heard a report somewhere that walking a trail while wearing thongs and booty shorts will benefit the cardiovascular and burn off more calories. I also heard that if you take pictures of the outfit that it could double the amount of calories burned off. Let me know how it works okay?

Have a nice weekend.

Ladynay said...

Indeed, they hardly get their props!

Sure you can have a dollar, cum and "get it shawty" LOL

Since I start back Monday if I don't catch them on the phone today they will be seeing me up in the office Monday morning :-)

SMH...Jeez! LOL

You have a good one as well and don't forget to give yah mom some extra hugs and kisses this weekend.

deepnthought said...

Have a great weekend. I was actually going to suggest what toasg did. The did that at the seminary and my under grad school as well.

Tasha said...

Have a great Mothers Day weekend. I was going to suggest paying for your summer session with your fall aid as well. Hopefully you'll be able to get a response out of them soon.

Ladynay said...

DNT, Imma try 2, you do the same :-)

Tasha, thanks, with all you all saying it I sure hope they do it! LOL

Pamalicious said...

Happy Mothers Day to you as well!

Ladynay said...

Thanks ma!

Anonymous said...

Sorry it didn't work out. So when do you all register for fall classes? We register for fall classes and summer classes the same time.

Anonymous said...

Never mind my last post. I see you already registed for fall classes.

Ladynay said...

Yeppers! But that doesn't mean that I am actually going to attend in the fall so I can't use the aid money. :-(

nikki said...

happy mother's day to you, luv. that sucks about your school aid. i hope you're able to get that rectified. you're so close!

TrinaBeingTrina said...

So sorry to hear about your financial aide. That really sux!! But I hope you have a great Mother's Day.