Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Yeah Mon, no problem.....

Bullet point style cuz I am lazy :-P

-Left work early to get the feet done. Got my favorite chick to hook me up then went home. Cousins were running mad late but picked Pooka and I up eventually.

-Had on some cute red and clear flip flop that we KILLING my feet. Was going to change shoes out but I was riding (I didn't drive at all on the way up like usual!!!! YAY!)so I kept 'em on.

-Got in town, dropped Pooka off at Babydaddys. He was outside waiting (I called and let him know we was close) the exchange took less than a minute. Cousins picked on me about how fast it happened but it's all good :-)

-Got to Grand diva's. Since we were running late we chilled, talked, took our showers and pretty much loaded up to head to the airport.

-Parked, shuttled, all the airport stuff, while walking I notice my boarding pass wasn't right. Them jokers had me going to Kingston vs. Montego Bay! I walk back to check in ready to take care of things and it got taken care of for me. This bothered me cuz I can handle my own most of the time, but I let it go.

-While in line for security it starts to thunder.

-We fly out on time no rain or thunder.

-Had champagne with our plane breakfast.

-Land, go through customs/immigration and realize that not only some Americans but some Jamaicans don't like their jobs. I mean one of the first questions out the first dudes mouth was is this your first time. "Yeah". Then why catch an attitude when I didn't do something right on my form? I didn't know what I was doing! LOL I did the best I could! LOL

-Then this chick has a mad attitude when I was standing to the side waiting for one of my cousins to get through customs/immigration. All she had to tell me was that I couldn't wait for her where I was but I could wait for her downstairs in a normal tone. But nooooooooooo she had to say it to make me wanna slap her. I didn't. Everyone else was sweet as hood Kool aid.

-We cab on the wrong side of the street where the steering wheel is on the right side to our gorgeous resort.

-While checking in Aunt Diva encounters her first and only Jamaican that don't like her job.

-We get to our rooms, adore our view then go to start putting our bracelets to use. We go to the grill *the first of many many times* and start on my jerk ummmm I think I did chicken first. Yummy!

-The waitress we had recommended this drink called Ambassador. Why did she do that? It was soooo good. It is a must for folks that like bananas and sweet drinks! I know I had more of my share of them while I was there and I didn't repeat many drinks the whole trip! LOL

-After everyone got a nice buzz we laid out on beach chairs and took a nap by the beach looking out at the clear water *took a pic of that*

-I don't remember what we did that night. I want to say we saw Nicky OJ *dude w/the leather pants and orange shirt* work it out but I am not sure.

-That morning during breakfast we meet Karlos. Karlos was our server during breakfast the whole time we were there cuz he is the BOMB! I think my cousin has a pic of him, I don't. Anyways, the second day when we went for breakfast we just sat our stuff down and went to the buffet. We didn't see Karlos. Why when we got back to the table all our drinks we ordered the first morning were on the table in the right spots? We didn't sit in the same spots either! We loved it! We didn't even see him, but apparently he saw us! Fabulous I tell you, Fabulous!

-One morning while eating breakfast a guy had fixed his plate, sat it down at his table, then got up for something. When he got up a bird came and took some scrambled eggs off his plate. When he came back my folks and staff told the man what happened. Why this fool say it was okay and ATE THE PLATE!!!!! We were all looking around at one another like "is this fool really eating his plate anyway????" That's how folks be getting sick doing mess like that. There was PLENTY of food for him to make him another plate! EWWWWWWW!

-I tried boiled green bananas and some fish that starts with an "A" that you mix with eggs.

-The fruit was super fresh and all the food I had was simply delish! The jerk cheeseburger I had was a tad salty but okay to eat.

-I had jerk *insert meat of choice* all yummy.

-I drunk 3 non alcoholic drinks the entire trip, LOL 4real!

-My fam did the whole water park thing, Mommy and I passed.

-My cuz and I did the beach thing, fam passed.

-I saw two weddings from my balcony. I don't think either was worth the money they paid to get married there. *took pic of one*

-Met Chris and Mike. They had already been there for 2 weeks when we got there. Must be nice to have $ like that. I don't think they had bracelets on either, I gotta look. Before we met,my cousin and I kept smelling Miss Jane while watching one of the weddings. Chris (blonde) comes out to watch the wedding and asked us if we minded him smoking (how nice of him) we told him no and just started up convo that way. They are soooooo silly. Chris ended up going down the kiddie slide (high as a kite) and jacked up his face. Mike was Mister lover lover and was hanging with various ladies.

-We saw more shows. My favorite female was Nicole. She sang many Whitney tunes and worked them OUT! One other lady was extremely loud. I mean we could still hear her from the room. Normally you can just hear the band if you was paying attention but you heard her.

-Fell asleep on the balcony. I don't do standing heights mind you.

-I don't know what type animal it is, but late late at night I heard many animals making this ummmmm kinda like singing type sound. I can't explain it but I heard a bunch of them.

-The only time we left the resort was to get some coconut water, get souvenirs, and visit the straw market. We didn't have to leave the resort to do the first 2 but did. Our tour guide wasn't as friendly as everyone else and didn't talk very much.

-I didn't party at Marguritaville but we drove pass it and saw a white boy jump off the big trampoline balloon thing. Apparently it is a popular practice for people to get real drunk and jump on and off of these things. *shrug*

-We also saw an American looking dude getting arrested. There was a lady in her bra standing by so I guess they were fighting.

-People at the straw market are very aggressive. They put their hands on you to try and convince you to come look in their booths. They all pretty much had all the same stuff. I became quickly annoyed. I know this is your bread and butter and you gotta hussle but dang! My cousin and aunt said that the second time you go it doesn't bother you as much. I don't know, we'll see.

-I spent wayyyyyyyyyyy too much at the souvenir shop. Which included the shot glass I liked, broke, and decided to give to TTD *cheese* ROFL!

-I tried white overproof rum. It gets warm the moment it's in your mouth. I was kinda scared to swallow it. It wasn't that bad once I did.

-I fell in love with rum cream.

-I got a few offers to twist my hair and decline everyone of them. Can't have many hands in my head.

-I got a compliment on my eyebrows. Not on anything else.

-Aunt Diva, grand diva, and one of my cousins were getting all the love. It's all good tho'.

-Grand diva got on the water slides, got temporary tattoo's (yes plural) and like I said was getting mad love from the men.

-The lady who did her tat's would not believe that she was who she was. My mom and aunt diva were NOT her kids and the rest of us WASN'T her grandkids. LOL! It was real cute cuz she was serious. She wasn't trying to believe it.

-I fell in love with this song that goes "din din din din din din....daaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" that's all I could understand! SHERLON!!!! You my resident Jamaican. Tell me what that song is man! I can't find it on the search engines and I wanna have it in my collection! LOL

-Tried Ting and Bigga (local soda's and part of the 3 non alcohol drinks)

-We got on a glass bottom boat. We were a good ways from shore and you could still see straight to the bottom of the Caribbean Sea! It was beautiful. We saw this HUGE sea turtle! I looked until one of my drinks started messing with me. Between the drink, the waves, and the gasoline smell by me, I had to lean my head against something. My cousin and the captain kept asking me if I was okay. I said yeah. I knew I wasn't gonna throw up and we spent a good bit of money to get on the boat so I wasn't gonna mess it up for the rest of the fam. The captain sped through his course anyway. I got off the boat and laid in a beach chair while my fam went to a pool side bar and what else? Got a drink! LOL

-There were many types of trees and plant life on the resort that were labeled. The place was large but I managed to see every part of it before we left.

-I spent some me time on the beach at night...*sigh* I brought me some sand home to remind me of how good that felt.

-I saw big girls, the movie with Monique in it. Also saw most of the Muhammad Ali movie with Will Smith.

-Fam got massages, I passed.

-Had me some pizza with goat cheese. Yummy! I didn't get to try chicken roti :-(*Tantrum's gone again....sigh* Email me if you are reading this chicka!*

-I don't like rum punch. I had this yellow drink that the dude said was rum punch that was great but when I went to 2 other bars to get it again, it was red and not so good *pout*

-Fam did water aerobics, mommy and I passed.

-Pillows were softer than I prefer but the bed was comfy.

-Everyone hated to leave.

-While waiting to check in in the non air conditioned airport, this one guy kept rubbing the lower back and upper ass of his lady. I guess wanting to feel the imprint of the black thong she had on. She stayed in front of him and his eyes stayed on her butt like it had him in a trance or something! I found it very amusing.

-Got a row to myself on the flight back (LOVED IT)

-Mommy got sick off the plane dinner. Sometimes her and rice don't get along. I never knew that.

-When the pilot said "welcome to the United States" I boo'ed and the folks around me laughed.

-Told my mom that I wanted to throw a toddler fit. I really did want to.

-I don't know if our customs are lax or they scanned my bag without me knowing but going through customs/immigration was a breeze and no one opened my suitcase. The chick asked me if I had alcohol, I said yes, she asked how much, I told her, she said okay have a good day!!!! Which made me mad cuz I could have brought more alcohol back with me!!! LOL

-I am not a lush.

-We get to Grand Diva's and since one of my cousins remembered she had to be back in NC for something, we stayed at grand diva's for like an hour (if that) and got on the road. We were all tired. I finally took the wheel around the NC line. I was zoning in and out and almost ran into a pick up. I made it to my place.

-Slept and settled in.

-Gave my friend his souvenir and something very sacred to me, he gave me my *cough* welcome back gift.

-Saw Spiderman

-Life is back to normal :-(_ _ _ _

That's pretty much as much as I can remember right now. I am sure somethings will come back to me in the future. But most of my trip I was lounging, sleeping or eating! I have my button unbuttoned on my pants to prove it! LOL Thank goodness all the fast food, resort food, and drink is to the left and I picked up my handy dandy rabbit food to put back in the fridge. Oh and I am taking swimming during the second summer session and fall semester at school, so I am gonna lose this vacation stuff pretty easy. School is an entry by itself. I won't go there right now.

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not liking your job is universal! lol

How did it feel driving/riding on a different side than what you are used to?

Boiled green bananas?! WTH

What were the bracelets for?

You fell asleep on the balcony b/c you were drunk. Spill it!

Marguritaville...got to remember that when I make the trip down that way.

Freaky Deaky said...

How come everybody but you seemed to have gotten some love from the Jamaicans? Let me guess you walked around the place with a huge joint in one hand and a huge jug of rum in the other hand, didn't you? LOL!

Poor thing, I'm sorry you were subjected to a Monique movie. I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy. Okay, maybe I would.

I think I want to go to Jamaica. Although I'm not going to tolerate any of them flirting with my women folk.

"I had jerk *insert meat of choice* all yummy." Nope, I'm going to walk away from that comment. It's just too easy, too easy I tell you.

Ladynay said...

Southern, I am telling you it has to be! I didn't tell them to apply for that job! Don't get all tuddy with me! LOL

It was kinda awkward at first but I adjusted to it fairly quickly.

Boiled green bananas taste like potatoes :-)

The bracelets let the resort staff know we were apart of the all inclusive package which meant we could basically eat and drink just about anything we wanted :-)

Ummmm I'll say I wasn't sober that night *cheese*

Yeah, it seems to be a popular party place at night for the tourist cuz the staff kept asking us if we had been yet. *shrug*

Freaky, only 3 out of the 7 of us wasn't really getting mad love. I may have had a cup of rum and a little something, but not a jug. I am not you! ROFL

The movie wasn't all that bad. Glad I didn't pay for it but not bad.

You should go, I recommend it to anyone.

Yeah, just walk away...I don't wanna know what you was thinking! LOL

Ms.Honey said...

Dang! I can't even comment on all that..yea boo to Tantrum I was looking for her..love the pics..I'm ready to go on vacay!! Let me find out your grammy was getting her groove back :)

Sorry things are back to normal

Ladynay said...

Now you see how we feel sometimes! ROFL!

She will pop up again in a month or two. *sigh*

I know you are ready, you been doing OT too! Oh yeah, I know you ready! I am excited for you!

My grandmother is always off the hook, not just in Jamaica! LOL

I am sorry too! It's sooo hard for me to HAVE to get up in the mornings.

blkbutterfly said...

lol @ bullet point style. yeah, i fall back on that quite a bit.

yeah, attitudes and ppl hating their jobs are everywhere, unfortunately...

the Ambassador sounds great! i love some sweet, fruity drinks!

what's rum cream?


it's funny b/c i never seriously thought about taking a trip out of the country. (i don't know why.) but, reading this post sure makes me want to go to Jamaica!

deepnthought said...

Glad you had a good time. I am planning a visit down there pretty soon. (thats a post in and of itself)

Ladynay said...

I knew I wasn't going to go in order so it worked for me :-)

:-( unfortunately

You should get one, very smooth and tastey.

It's a type of rum is the best I can tell you. In my pictures it's the bottle on the left I think. It says Sangsters on it. Pour a little of that on some vanilla icecream and top with whipped cream...man o man!

I really do give my positive 2 cent on Jamaica and the Rose Hall Resort. I heard Half Moon is nice and Sunset Beach is good if you wanna party.

DNT, down there meaning NC? Like Raleigh? Holla at me!

Jameil said...

hurray!!!! and yes you are a lush but that's ok! its vacay! if you're not lushin it up, life ain't fun! lolol. massages aren't for me, either.

Ladynay said...

I am nothing compared to you and those...ICK, beers! ROFL *wink*

To be real I have never had a professional massage before. I just wasn't feeling it when my fam was getting theirs. There will be one in my future though.

Anonymous said...

Is it expensive to go to Jamaica? I've always wanted to go, but never knew if I could afford it.

Beana said...

wow u makin me wanna go....

lol at u boo-ing on the plane ride home. HA

Im so glad u had a good time. U brought back sand, did u bring a jar of that cool breeze too?

Ladynay said...

Kasandra, it depends on how you go and where you stay. There are usually some company doing specials, you just got to catch them in time. Of course the earlier you reserve the better off you'd be, at least most times.

J, you need to go. It's good for the mind to get away from the day to day every now and again. If I could bottle it up I would have, it felt sooooooooooo good!

JustMeWriting said...

WOW...what a time...LOL. Dag, I'm really jel...lol.

Man, customer doesn't exist anymore...and it's crazy...we need to start making citizens arrest against these things...because they're crimes agains humanity... lol. nice blog

Ladynay said...

Going to Jamaica when you can will cure that yah know *wink*

LOL@citizens arrest for bad CS! HA!

Thanks, feel free to return and take your shoes off :-D

E said...

Wow...that sounds overall like a very nice vacation. I like all the random stuff you've observed.

You're right...I guess there are Jamaicans that hate their jobs as much as Americans. You know, though, I could probably could work in the service industry...long as I didn't rely on it to make a living.

I need to take a trip..:-)