Friday, May 18, 2007

Stress free zone

Yesterday was just another day to make me look up jobs. Let's track back....

In the past week or so the upper level management has been getting really petty. I know they are probably up to something, investigating something, or trying to figure out who to get rid of. Which is why I won't be having long blog entries for awhile, not that they are all that long anyways...but still. So I have been looking around to see what is out there.

Yesterday morning I had a dental appointment where I had an hygienist straight out of dental school cuz she gave me teeth 101 up in there, which was starting to get annoying after awhile. After the appointment, it was time for class so I did that. Did my thing and found out I can get extra credit for going to see the Bodies the Exhibition thing that is now in Durham. I may just go see it for the credit this weekend, not sure yet.

I get into work about lunch time and work is going like work does. Then one of my coworkers comes in my office and asks me if I saw something from her in my chair when I came in. I told her no not from her. She says okay and leaves. Then she comes back in my office a few minutes later and tells me that ComDen(that's what I'll call the coworker that has issues with so many people in the office...she is the common denominator) saw that the box that she works from (that's in my office) was empty, saw the packet the coworker but in my chair, picked it up, took off the note she left on the packet, asked our supervisor if she can work what was there, got permission and did it.

Now let me say that this week a new rule was put into place that whenever a 2nd level makes corrections to a 1st levels work, we have to give it to our administrator first (who is a step above our supervisor).

The coworker put a little packet of her work that she wasn't sure about and wanted my opinion on (part of my job is answering ?'s when folks are not sure) in my chair since I wasn't here before submitting it to 2nd level workers to look at.

ComDom looks it over and gives the corrections to our administrator. Our admin then calls my coworker to her office and reprimands her on her mistakes! Which I guess prompted her to ask me if I saw the packet *shrug* Now my coworker is offended because she got reprimanded by a big dog about work that wasn't supposed to get worked by a 2nd level yet. She has questions about it which is why she put in IN MY CHAIR vs. IN THE BOX where the 2nd levels work from. So she is pissed and venting to me. I get pissed because ComDom had no right to get anything from my chair anyway. I pull ComDom outside to address the fact that my coworker and I are offended at her actions. She gets angry cuz she got permission to do the work and raises her voice at me. Now you would think I would get ghetto but it was the funniest thing ever when she did it. Then she started to cry which for some reason I thought was even funnier. I didn't laugh in her face thank God. She runs back into the building in tears and I go straight to my supervisor and tell her what all went down in the last 10 minutes.

Yada, yada my supervisor apologizes for authorizing ComDom to do the stuff in my chair and my admin apologizes to my coworker for her reprimand. So we are good. ComDom apologizes to me for raising her voice at me I accept it.

I know that ComDom isn't gonna stick her nose where it don't belong.

I know that this post doesn't flow well cuz I am working, trying to listen to the radio (a major anchor at one of the stations I listen to in the morning was out for a month. This is his first day back and we finally find out what happened to him), and typing this out.

Long story very short.. .ComDom took something out my office that wasn't for her, my supervisor approved, things got to my administrator, my coworker gets reprimanded for something she wasn't sure about to begin with and never should have reached the hands of my admin.

Now I don't mind folks wanting to do my work, shoot take it all I don't care. But if someone wrote a note on something FOR ME, you leave that stuff alone. *eyeroll*

EDIT: stuff done popped off this morning ALREADY!!! Now HR and my Deputy (who is over my administrator) is involved! Thank God I don't have nothing to do with what's going on today. *hands in prayer I don't get called into no one's office for NOTHING!*

16 comments:

deepnthought said...

You are covered. You know we got you. Praying and all that. positive thoughts, hugs, and all.

Anonymous said...

Girl dang that is a mess!

Good thoughts!

Ladynay said...

THANKS CHICKAS! I "think" things have been handled. The air seems a tad smoother now but I don't know if it's real.

Freaky Deaky said...

You're better than me. I would have asked ComDen if she was bipolar or ever been institutionalized. Then again since I don't like being yelled out I might have given her a reason to cry.

Ooh, you in trouble!

Ladynay said...

It's funny you should say that cuz she really may be mentally off a bit.

Freaky Deaky said...

No maybe about it she's cuckoo for Prozac. Well, she should be at least. :o)

Anonymous said...

My coworkers aren't trying to take no work off nobody's desk. Shit, they trying to give it away.

Anonymous said...

i was able to follow.. im w/ freaky.. i might've told chicky about herself for trying to get loud on me...

Ladynay said...

LOL@freaky

Southern, right!

TTD, it was more funny than anything. It's like seeing some people get mad and curse, it's just funny! LOL

blkbutterfly said...

was the same one woman who took work off your desk a while back? if so, this is a bothersome trend. :-( hopefully, she'll stop doing that.

Ladynay said...

Nah, the first person was my supervisor and she was looking for an item in particular originally. ComDen wasn't just in my biz for no biz.

Beana said...

just when i think i wanna hit the corporate office type atmosphere I hear stories like this. I dont have a handle on my temper like I use to...I'm liable to end up on the damn news!

E said...

Oh oh oh ohhh...drama...:-)

It's good that everything worked out, though. Comden is a trip, though.

Ladynay said...

I will be out of corporate america soon enough, I hope J.

E, you have no idea, none!

meljoy said...

you have had vegan hotdogs, but have you tasted soy bacon, yet? haha, now THAT'S a treat.


***note the sarcasm...

meljoy said...

oh and everyone I know is looking for a new job... weird... I hope you find something that you want!