1. So, what are you thankful for this year? The usual: family, health, friends, life, etc.....The only addition is the completion of the undergrad degree.
2. Do you spend Thanksgiving with your family? Yep, every year. Matter of fact I am supposed to be in the shower getting ready to leave right about now.
3. Do you have a big, turkey dinner? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yeah
4. What about some pumpkin pie for desert? Nobody in the fam has made pumpkin pie for dinner to date :-(
5. When you were younger, did you make Thanksgiving crafts? Duh, who didn't. Can you be in school and not make the turkey using your hand print? LOL!
6. Is Thanksgiving pointless? Yeah. It's a day people use to pig out, watch football and spend tons of money that they don't have the day after. What's the point?
7. Rate this holiday out of ten: The food and entertainment which goes down every year is a 9.
8. Are you excited for it? I would not say excited, but I am looking forward to the good home cooked meal in a few hours.
9. Have you ever not seen a family member for over a year? Sure, my family is HUGE so not seeing someone for a year or more is bound to occur.
10. Do you get presents on this holiday? I may get an early Christmas gift from my fathers wife, but other than that we don't give gifts on Turkey Day.
11. What is the best thing about it? The food, the food, and of course....the food. Hanging with the fam is ight too, I guess. LOL!
12. What is the worst thing about it? The drive and the clean up.
13. Is this your favorite holiday? Nope! Christmas is better.
14. Are any of your parents a good cook? My mom is good, grandmother's much better. I don't think I've ever eaten anything made by my father. I don't know if he even cooks. If I see him later I'll ask him. LOL!
15. What do you do for Thanksgiving? I drive to the boonies to break bread with my fam. I think last year and the year before I've broke down what we do and why we do it. Feel free to hit my November 2007 and 2006 archives.
16. What's the yummiest part about the dinner? ALL OF IT! Grand diva, her siblings, and their spouses all can throw down in the kitchen! Too bad grand diva will not be putting her foot in any of my meal this evening. :-( She stayed in MD with aunt diva.
17. Ever had the turkey burnt and then you just had to order takeout instead? Nope, the only year I hosted the Turkey Day meal everything came out good.
18. Most memorable thanksgiving? The first time my fam got together which started the yearly tradition. The one I ended up taping the whole night and my family forgot I was filming! LOL! That tape is a classic in my family now.
19. What are you hopeful for or what do you really want right now? To get into grad school with financial assistance.
20. Why do you like or dislike Thanksgiving? I like it cuz it most of my grandmothers side of the fam are in one place and I can see an hug everybody in one setting. They swear I don't come visit enough so this is a way everyone can see Pooka and I at the same time! Gotta love killing a bunch of birds with one stone! LOL! Hey don't look at the screen. I could have mentioned liking the food for the millionth time! *wink*