Tuesday, March 17, 2009

The treasurer ate some of my food

I have not been near the computer lately and my machine at home is having issues so if you sent me something and I haven't responded to it, I'll get to it before the end of the workday today.

Anywho...today is Taco Lunch day @ the state job. It's basically a pot luck where everone involved brings something to make super deluxe nachos. My item this go around was seasoned meat.

Lunch time comes around and buzz around the office is that my administrator invited the new state treasurer over for lunch and she accepted! *sigh* Great. Everyone is super excited about her, her chief of staff, and her "personal assistant" coming over except me. I make it a point to avoid her and her crew while here. I made it through lunch then went into the conference room to grab some dessert. As I am scooping out my goodies I hear...

"And this is Ladynay, she was a permanent employee here, then she went to school *insert the rest of my state story*". In my head I cursed. I turn around, shake the treasurer's hand, and smile. She asks me what school I went to. I told her about the undergrad and grad then she kept asking questions! UGH! I hear treasurer is the sweetest, most down to earth lady but I really wasn't in talk to important mf'ers mode. After what felt like forever she and her crew walked on to meet other folks.

So, if you hear about the NC Treasurer getting sick tonight or tomorrow, it's cuz she ate some of my ground beef.

1 comment:

AR Gal said...

I hear treasurer is the sweetest, most down to earth lady but I really wasn't in talk to important mf'ers mode.

LMAO! I know exactly what you mean. Our EVP gets in pretty early like me. I cringe when I see him coming towards my desk because he likes to talk to d@mn much. lol