Tuesday, July 28, 2009

I don't think I'm better than you!(2nd post today)

*while talking to coworkers*

"You in school yet?"

"Nah, I start in January"

"What you getting your master's in again?"

"I'm getting my doctorate in Physical Therapy."

"Oh shit, you big timing huh? Got your I'm going to be doctor car, getting your big degree and all. You not better than me, you still going to be Ladynay at the end of the day"

*laughing* "I have no choice but to be me and I never said I was better than anyone. You trippin'"

Just because I'm going to grad school.......

Just because I don't watch tv like that........

Just because I don't eat meat......

Just because I believe in God......

......does not mean I think I am better than you so I wish people will stop saying such things.

Yes, there are people who do things, say things, believe things, etc that you may not involve yourself in that think they are high, mighty and above you. They will go on and on trying to belittle those that are not like them.

I am not one of them. I don't like when people intentionally try to make me seem small or beneath them. I try not to do that to others.

I've heard people say that the college educated (and beyond), the non tv watching, the vegetarians, and God fearing people think basically think they are all that. They say that about other groups of people too, but I don't tune into that because it don't involve me.

I am not one of them.

I could care less what you do when you do you as long as it don't hurt me or my family.

I guess that I'm just rubbed the wrong way by all the generalizations I've been hearing lately. I wish folks will use the term "some" instead of "all" or clumping everyone in a group together because there is not many things you can say and truly mean all are apart of and do. Like all humans will die at some point. This is fact. All women are superior beings is NOT a fact. All people with letters and comma's after their name are NOT intelligent. God fearing people push the bible down everyone's throat. Not all vegetarians shun non vegetarians. TV lovers are NOT couch potatoes. SOME are and do....only some!!!!!

Only some people....only some....

4 comments:

Freaky Deaky said...

*claps* I was telling someone the other day just because my pseudonym is Freaky Deaky doesn't mean that I'm freaky or like all kinds of nasty stuff. No ma'am! *snickers & giggles*

You are big timing though. Can I have a couple of dollars?

Non TV watching people are weirdos though. I put that on my dead homies, whoever they are. :oD

Okay in all seriousness, I can see both sides of the issue. Sure no one can know everything or everyone so we label and generalize to make sense of things and understand our world. Knowing this I think it should be assumed that at least if I say it I usually mean most people I know or encountered instead of all. Is it a generalization? Sure. However that doesn't mean I'm not right.

AR Gal said...

I could care less what you do when you do you as long as it don't hurt me or my family.

I know that's right!

Looks at Freaky's comment about non TV watching people and LOL! My boss doesn't own a TV and yes she is weird even though I don't think her not owning a TV has anything AT ALL to do with it. LOL

Okay, Ladynay either I forgot (knowing me this is probably the reason) or just didn't know you were going for your doctorate. That's worthy of a round of applause!!!! You betta work!!!!

Ladynay said...

Yeah whatever! LOL

Can I have a couple of dollars???? That's what I wanna know! LOL!

Yeah yeah yeah, we are mutant freaks, yeah yeah yeah....*wink*

Your right about all the people you have encountered or dealt with. I just want people not to automatically assume they know what I think because they know a few things about me. Just because Suzie Q is a Leo and thinks aliens exist doesn't mean I do because I'm a Leo too.

Ladynay said...

ARgal, if your boss had one and watched a lot I bet they would still be weird! LOL!

Slowly but surely PT schools everywhere are transitioning into doctorate programs if they weren't one already, so if you want to do PT you don't have much of an option.....