Thursday, April 29, 2010

I wanted a thank you

I got a defensive msg.

I returned the call.

Came this ----> <---- close to picking up the kid, driving to DC, and punching him in the face. That was the last thing I said before hanging up. I was very serious and he knew it.

Few hours later I got a call. Pooka picked it up. After some chit chat he asked to speak with me. He wanted to know what Pooka needed. I laid out everything I could think of that was a need, then asked him if he wanted to know the wants as well. He declined. I received my thank you. I guess it just took a moment for him to actually READ the email and listen to the words that came out my mouth. Maybe he talked it over with someone. Don't know, don't care. I got my thank you and acknowledgement. That is what I honestly wanted.

He plans to send me some help soon. My email wasn't asking for money. But I'll take it.

It's a miracle! *smirk*

8 comments:

AR Gal said...

I can just imagine what that message consisted of...*sigh* I'm glad you got what you wanted and then some. :D Next time you talk with him, let his ass know he needs to be working on some of those 'wants' as well. LOL

Anonymous said...

Girl, I can't even imagine what was said in that message. Like AR Gal said, let his behind know that taking care of needs alone don't cut it. He needs to handle some of those wants too.

Ladynay said...

Yall don't want to know. He has apologized for the msg and I accepted it.

Yes I need help with the wants too, but I am taking it one step at a time. Help with the needs her needs are a priority at the moment. We can address the wants a bit later.

Anonymous said...

Maybe I need to write an email too. lol

Tz said...

Girl he better watch out. I will go to DC and punch his ass out! And you know it!

I had that needs conversations with mini me's dad last month. It would have you laughing if you heard his response. LOL

Keep doing u! How's work going?

blkbutterfly said...

I know the feeling. well, not the whole raising a child alone part. but, only wanting to hear a thank you. i'm glad you got it, even if it took him a while to come around to doing the right thing.

Ladynay said...

Southern, wouldn't hurt

TZ, U crazy. I have to call you soon. Work is what it is :-(

BB, sometimes people don't realize how important a thank you is.

The Goddess said...

cBaby's daddy's!!!! Wooo!!! Girl I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to punch my daughters father in the face.

He's like 25k behind in child support and had nerve enough to say to me " I need you to deal with these arrears regarding child support the case worker said it's up to you. Case workers # *** *** 7927."

What nerve!!! That deserves more than a punch in the face come to thing of it.