Friday, May 07, 2010

Thankful



In the early morning of Saturday, May 1st, my grandmother, mother, aunt, and baby cousin got in the truck above to come to NC for a family reunion. Around 7am the tire blew, they flipped around, they landed upside down. Aunt and cousin able to get out on their own. Mom and grandmother had to be cut out. This pic shows one of my cousins gathering what she can out the truck.


I was at the weekend job. My cell phone started blowing up around 8:10am. Let's just say on Saturday I came close to losing my mother. It was a pretty stressful day to say the least.


Aunt and cousin were discharged that Saturday. Little cousin did not have any burns, scrapes, bruises, NOTHING. Aunt had a lot of bruising, scrapes and burns from the airbag (she was driving). Grand Diva was discharged on Sunday or Monday (don't remember now) with lots of bruising and scratches, but okay. Mom caught the worst of it. She broke a few bones and had respiratory issues that required her to be in the CCU. The medical staff got her breathing on her own, got the blood out of her lungs and out of the CCU. She left the CCU Monday or Tuesday.


Today my grandmother, aunt and cousin are home. My mom is doing well. She tore a lot of ligaments in her leg and was supposed to have them repaired yesterday but some emergency surgeries came up so she got moved to today. She had a stress test yesterday that came back funky so they are doing more tests on her today. At this point we don't know when the surgery is going to be.


I do know that I will be in VA this weekend chilling at the hospital. That's for sure.


Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, moms to be, and single dads that take on both roles. Do something special even if it's only sleeping 10 minutes longer this weekend!
Lata!

14 comments:

Freaky Deaky said...

Damn! Looking at that wreck and hearing about what happened it's fortunate that 3/4 of the family are at home recuperating or chilling.

Your mom will be in my thoughts. Considering what happened and what almost happened I'm sure this Mother's Day will be particularly special for you.

blkbutterfly said...

My Lord! Your mom and the rest of the family will be in my prayers. Safe travels to VA this weekend!

Ladynay said...

FD, very fortunate

Yeah this mommy day will be a bit extra special for me.

BB, thanks chicka.

Jameil said...

Good gracious!! Thank God your mom is on the mend!!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

That looked scary. Glad that everyone is still around to tell the tale.

Here's to a speedy recovery for all involved!

AR Gal said...

Oh my goodness. I'm SO happy your family made it out of harms way. Travel safe to VA Ladynay.

Happy Mother's Day to you and all the mother's in your family.

Tz said...

Yea girl be safe while you are on the road. I hope she had a fast recovery. Take mom some real food.

Ladynay said...

Jameil, Amen

2nd68, Thanks

ARgal, didn't make it to Richmond but thanks!

TZ, wasn't able to hit the road but it's all good. I'll take her some real food whenever I get there. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thank God everyone is ok.

deonte' k said...

O My... so glad everyone is OK.... God is good. And think the lord they are safe.

WhiteChocolateCandyisDandy said...

Wow...I am glad your Mom is ok...looking at the picture...wow..just THANK GOD..Take Care

Rashan Jamal said...

Oh wow. I know I'm late, but wow...

K. Rock said...

OMG!! I am glad that everyone was ok.

E said...

Oh my gosh....I know I'm a few weeks late but I'm so sorry to hear this happened but I'm glad things weren't even worse. Cars are so unpredictable at times.