Sunday, December 12, 2010

I'm a fan

So I am at the weekend gig watching BET awards for the first time this year and during the Anita Baker tribute there was this lady playing the piano and singing with KEM. Her voice struck me.

"Who is that?" I said curiously to my coworker.

"Rachelle Ferrell" she replied.

"Never heard of her"

"Girl where you been? She sings that song with Will Downing *starts singing Nothing Has Ever Felt Like This*"

"Don't know what you're talking about"

She then breaks out Pandora on her cell phone and formally introduces me to Ms. Ferrell. She has a jazzy feel to her and a nice range.

I'm a fan.

4 comments:

Jameil said...

I wouldn't call myself a fan but man. How have you never heard of her? Lil Weezy clouding the brain? LOLOL. I kid! I kid!

Freaky Deaky said...

*Pats you on the head* She's been around for awhile. Though I'd probably be clueless to most people that are hip and current now so I guess we all have our moments. LOL.

blkbutterfly said...

Welcome to 1994, Ladynay! You should also check out this group called Kris Kross. ;-)

K. Rock said...

I have heard of her but I am not a fan. But I do know she is famous for those faces she makes when she sings. They are hilarious.