Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Tween

Per Wikipedia, a tween is preadolescence, that is, the stage between middle childhood and adolescence in human development, in the range of 9 to 12 years old.

That's where my Pooka is, and where her father just realized she was! LOL!

I got a call at work yesterday. The middle of the conversation went something like this...

BD: Pooka has hair
Me: Uhhhh yeah
BD: I'm talking about body hair
Me: *chuckle* Mmmm hmmm
BD: Ladynay, she has hair under her arms and and and...down there!
Me: *trying to hold my laughter* I told you last year remember?
BD: It was just a little bit.
Me: A little bit LAST YEAR...it just wasn't gonna stay fuzz yah know
BD: *silent*
Me: *just to mess with him* You do know what's coming right? The body hair, eating changes, moody behavior...
BD: Stop!
Me: *no longer holding my laughter* What? It's gonna happen sooner than later. She'll be 10 in a few months.
BD: Hopefully she'll be with you when that goes down.
Me: It could happen this summer.
BD: Stop it.
Me: It could happen this week.
BD: Stop.
Me: *laughing* I'm just saying.
BD: Stop.
Me: You are going to have to deal with this DAD! *reburst of laughter*
BD: *sigh* Not right now.

That conversation was hilarious! His little angel is growing up! LOL! It's a tough pill for him to swallow. I must admit, I haven't fully digested my own pill yet. But I have accepted the fact and have had all talks the needed to be had at this point with Pooka. The birth control talk will come once her system gets going.

I wonder what BD is going to be like when she starts having real boyfriends! ROFL!

6 comments:

Tz said...

LOL...... *Gulp LMAO

I had that talk last year.

The sad part is I can imagine both of your expressions when it happened!

K. Rock said...

I have gone through that with my son. He will be 10 in a few months and when I saw that hair under his arms I almost died! Then he told me he had hair on his jimmies! OMG my baby is growing up. I know it will be twice as bad with girls though.

Freaky Deaky said...

Yeah, little girls are much scarier and worse than boys in some ways. Boys take their problems to someone else's doorstep and girls bring it right home to yours. Good luck with that. Might I suggest getting a shovel and a shotgun. They'll both come in handy. :o)

Amy said...

Found you just wandering around. I was a little freaked out when my first went through that too. I dreaded menarche, but when it happened, I decided to celebrate it with her. We spent a day at the mall, buying a new purse to carry supplies, doing lunch. It was a good day. Hope you and Pooka weather this biological storm easily.

Ladynay said...

LOL! TZ, Jj isn't too far from Pooka in age so the rest of her momma and daughter talks are coming soon too! *sigh*

K.Rock, What do we do to stop this growning up madness!!!!! LOL!

FD, *writing* shovel and shot gun. Noted!

Amy, hello and welcome to my piece of the internet! I like that idea. May have to steal it.

Shaunda Fennell said...

I have tears in my eyes from laughing about that conversation! LOL