Monday, September 19, 2011

Tales from the SNF! (Skilled Nursing Facility)

Day 1, week 3 of 8. So far so good! I think I need to start journaling some of my experiences so when I look at my blog entries later I can remember these times with more detail! Right now my feelings and rating on PT is acute care > inpatient care > outpatient care. Not that that means anything to anyone who may read this! LOL!

Today was a great day! Two weeks in and I already have my own case load of 7 patients. I started at 9 (can't start till my CI, clinical instructor, comes in) and finished completely by 3 notes and all. My CI was surprised and impressed. She reviewed my notes because she has to co sign them. She only had 1 comment about 1 out of 7 of my notes and it was only to clarify what one statement said because it could be interpreted different ways. I am feeling so good right now. One thing I love about the inpatient setting is that you get to follow the progression of your patients. In acute care (like a hospital) you see a patient for 2-3 days if you are lucky then they are discharged.

Today at the SNF I was walking my patient down the long term care hall and there was a lady sitting outside her room. She speaks to me...

"Is your name Mary?"
"No ma'am, it's Ladynay."
"Mary?"
"Ladynay."
"Nay?"
(close enough) "Yes ma'am, Ladynay. I have to go. Have a good day!"
"Okay Mary, I will see you tomorrow!"

I love older people! LOL!

2 comments:

Jameil said...

I loooove seeing you doing things you enjoy!

Freaky Deaky said...

How you gonna correct that lady about your name? If she says your name is Mary than you are Mary. Hi Mary!