Thursday, October 06, 2011

1010

I have been looking at my blog trying to figure out what I can blog about. It's still the same ole same ole around this camp, LOL!
Pooka is doing fantastic! Her progress report came home and she was at or above target in all subjects and it said keep up the good work! YAY! I couldn't take 100% of the credit though. Over the summer Pooka's father and his main live in lady brought her a 5th grade level math book and had her work through it over the summer. Pooka hated it, but she happy with the results of her summer work so far. As a reward I told her she could have anything she wanted within reason. She asked for one of her homegirls to come spend the night. No problem. It was set up for her friend to come hang with us tomorrow and I take her back Saturday after we go see Dolphin Tale, but the friend is now on punishment and can no longer come over this weekend. Pooka wasn't too thrilled. I am still gonna take her to the movies.

My clinical rotation is still going good. I like being in a building full of people that could be my grandparents. LOL! When they discharge you get hugs and kisses and most are so appreciative. Love that. Hate the way the medicare/medicaid system pretty much dictates what happens as far as patient care is concerned, but I am not going to get on that soapbox.

Work is work. I don't know if I blogged about it but I accepted another group home job. I was going crazy not working, LOL! I started in August. I have officially been signed up for the every Sunday shift. I pick up other shifts when they are convenient. I like this arrangement and think I can keep this job till I start my career in early 2013 :)

I can't believe 2011 is almost over. I looked over some of the long term goals I set in January for completion by 12/2011 and I have hit most, come close to some, and is no where near 1...only one. I can't complete it in 2 months (lose 100 pounds) so I am okay with not hitting that long term goal. I graduate 12/9/12 so I still have time do finish this goal before I take pictures I may want to pay someone for, LOL!

2012 is a year of transition. I will blog about it again before year end but 2012 is when Pooka transitions to middle school (it's 6th, 7th and 8th grade here) and I obtain my DPT. The plan is for her and I to go on one of those Disney cruises to celebrate together. I think it will be fun! I hope I am able to budget well enough to make it happen. 2012 is also the year I pay my car off! Woot woot! If I play my cards right I don't have to move until 2014 *fingers crossed cuz I don't like moving*

Between the Hulk action figure on my desk, the poster and hulk hand toys in my closet. I have officially decided that I like the Hulk! LOL!

October is Physical Therapy Month!

I didn't know who the Apple guy was until he passed. If you look at my FB home page you would have thought this guy was the second coming! *smh* It sucks when anyone dies, but I really don't get why massive folks are upset right now. I just don't...and no, I don't own an iAnything.

Speaking of death, I am strangely getting used to people dying. In my professional life that is. Being that I "work" in a nursing home, death occurs pretty often. Some of those that have expired I have treated in therapy. I have gotten to the point where I can say "Mr/Ms. So and so passed? Dang, that sucks" then manage to go about my day. Now I will say that none of my favorite patients have crossed over to my knowledge, but I think I will still be able to function and get my responsibilities taken care of soon after finding out.

I like Pocoyo! He is a little clay animation character on a show made for babies that can hardly talk! As simple as it is, whenever it is on somewhere I get sucked in to watching it! ROFL! I just have to laugh at myself!

Post 1010 complete!

Gotta love random thoughts!

Good night!

3 comments:

Tz said...

Congrats Pooka! I am glad. Where we live 6th grade is still elementary. But where I work it is Intermediate. Go figure! LOL

Glad you are handling business like always. Keep up the good work!

I have not even looked at my goals. Most of mine would still be not even attempted. But I will be hitting a major short term goal next month if everything goes as planned.

Did you say Cruise!?!!??! Let a sista know. So me and Mini-me can go with ya. I can do that payment plan! LOL

I knew who the apple guy was but I have not touched anything apple since the 80's and 90's. SO there for life goes on! RIP

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

Hey Lady!

This year is flying by! You have reminded me I need to check my Jan. goals list. I have just been all off this year.

Yay!!! for Pooka!! Smart move on grandads part! Dead@main live in. You keep it so real LOL!

I'm glad life is good and work is going well!

r. steven page said...

I just hope that when it's my time to punch out I go out my way.