Sunday, July 07, 2013

This is the title until I think of one :)

It's after 3am and I am at the group home working 3rd shift. The house is clean and the residents are safe and sleeping soundly. I am up to speed on everyone's business on FB and chit chatted with my night owl friends.

So I guess I can update my blog :)

Technically I resigned from the state job and group home weeks ago. But I got a call this morning asking if I could come in so here I am *shrug*

I am 2 weeks into the PT position and I like it so far! There are some business things that I don't particularly like, but those things are pretty standard no matter the skilled nursing facility you work. The biggest thing I don't like is that I get paid every 2 weeks and with this company I have to work 2 weeks in the hole. Which equates to money being realllllllly tight for me right now. But it's temporary so I will roll with it!

Part of me wants to start the process of obtaining a specialty certification in my field. I want the geriatrics and neurology certifications which would take me about 3 or 4 years to complete since each specialty requires a boat load of clinic hours and so far I only have 2 weeks worth! LOL! I am still researching all that needs to be done.

Home life is alright. My mom is still doing her thing. Pooka's father lives local now (don't know if I blogged that already) so for the summer Pooka spends most of her time with him and stays with me here and there. This works perfect for me right now since I am still getting readjusted to working full time on my feet all day.

July 4th was okay. I was the only guest that showed up to a cookout hosted by Pooka's father and his 3 girlfriends (long story short, open relationship). It was kinda awkward. The last time the 6 of us (me, Pooka, her father, 3 ladies) were in the same room together was around this time last year when Pooka was in the hospital for her surgery. Everything went fairly decent until his ladies tried to correct me on what Pooka could and could not have at her birthday party. I knew then it was time to start getting myself together to leave.

My birthday is this month! I have not decided on what I want to do yet! I am going to work on the actual day, but as far as the weekend before and after...who knows!

4 comments:

Thoughtsofsoutherngal said...

You have to blog about this open relationship! lol

Tz said...

Well at least you have something to fall back on! Let me know what you decide about your birthday. I will be traveling that weekend after. Soooooo

Go for it. Specialization..... follow that dream! You got it girl.

DAYUM YOU GETTING OLD!

pit papas said...

Your blog is very nice I visited today for the first time you hail from the beautiful Greece.χαλκιδα

kate whitaker said...

Hi!
l absolutely love your blog- its beautiful.
lt would mean a lot if you could check out my blog and maybe we could follow each other? :)

~www.1000thingstodoinalifetime.blogspot.com