Monday, September 01, 2014

You know how I do

You know how I do, post something, then disappear for awhile. LOL! I am on FB everyday though. I am a facebook addict. I can admit that. What's funny to me is that now that my life is pretty busy on a pretty constant basis, many people are guessing and assuming about what's going on in my non existent life based on my fb posts. Little do people know, I only post about 1/4th of my personal life on there...like the fact I got TWO tickets within five minutes of each other for allegedly running stop signs! I am still irritated about that non sense!

Anywho, mom is good. Pooka is good. Pooka turned 13 on Wednesday. I have a teenager! It doesn't feel like that much time has passed, but it has. She is soo beautiful, smart, and talented! Yes, I am biased. Sue me.

I didn't read my last entry. But I pretty much work everyday. That is my life right now. My social life is pretty non existent, but I am trying to honestly work on it. At the moment I have 1 full time PT gig, 2 as needed PT gigs, 1 part time private PT gig every 3 weeks, and 1 part time companion/sitter gig...so yeah, I am never home. I don't want my social life to suffer like it has this year, but with higher bills and this 6 figure student loan to keep under control, I have to hustle hard...or hit the lottery...or find an extremely wealthy sugar daddy, LOL!

But as I stroll into September, I kinda like some of the changes I have made. Being busy allowed me the chance to stop gossiping all the time. I wasn't trying to be a gossiper, but I always found myself talking about and asking about what was going on with people that were not in the room. I had to check myself quick. I made a conscience choice not to have full blown conversations about people that were not a part of the conversation. So outside of the, how are your kids, momma, husband, wife, pets deal. I kept my lips kinda tight. I still have a ways to go with the gossiping, but I have come a long way this year. I am proud of myself.

I am growing a container garden. So far, so good! Right now I have 10 containers and I am growing lettuce, spinach, cantaloupe, and tomatoes. If I manage to harvest at least ONE thing that is edible, I will call my efforts successful! LOL! Don't judge me! It rained ALOT recently and some of my plants suffered for it, but I hope with a few consecutive warm and rain free days, my plant children will dry out and get back on track.

That was all over the place, but whatever. This is my blog and I can journal how I please, LOL!

7 comments:

Monique said...

I had to do a double take when I saw your post pop up in my reader! How are you girl!? I can't believe you have a teenager. When I started reading your blog, your daughter was just a little girl. Lawd! Either way, glad to hear fromyou

blkbutterfly said...

I was also shocked to see that you updated your blog! I thought surely my eyes were deceiving me. But, I also know that six figure student loan struggle... so, we'll see you when you have a moment to breathe!

It's funny how being busy can help us get rid of bad habits. Great job on getting the gossip under control.

Uhm, 13?! Excuse me? Wow... time is just speeding right on by.

Tz said...

That is good to know you are alive and well. LOL I have been container gardening for years. Good luck on your future success. Get the social life in when you can! I know how that can be at times!

Ladynay said...

Mo! Yeah I'm around. I really need to journal more like I used to! Pooka was 2 going on 3 when I started my blog :)

Butterfly! These loans ain't no joke! LOL! Time waits for nobody!

TZ, I am working on it. Slowly but surely.

Ladynay said...

Correction...Pooka was 3 going on 4 when I stared this blog in June of 2005 :)

Freaky Deaky said...

Student loans suck, paying them back sucks even harder!

You gossip like that?!

Mother and daughter ninja? Me likey! I got some underground tournaments you can fight on. LOL! :oD

E said...

Oh my gosh...man time is going by way too fast. Pooka's a teenager now. Wow. Glad you're keeping busy.