Sunday, November 23, 2014

This will NOT turn into a weight loss journey blog...

But I will mention it pretty often because it's one of my main focuses for 2015. Every year, instead of making very specific new years resolutions, I try to focus on one area of my life. For instance in 2013 my key word was "transition". I was focused on finishing school and all the transitions that came with that. This year the key word is foundation. This year I focused on getting the job I wanted, the home I wanted, and laying the financial aspect of my life down. I think 2015 will be the year of health. I plan on focusing on getting my health in order sometime around or before my 35th birthday, I should hit a very big milestone in my journey! I can't wait to blog about it! :) 

As of yesterday, 11/22/14, I am at:


That is 436.6-394.6 = 42 pounds down from my highest weight ever and 433.3-394.6 = 38.7 pounds down from when I got serious about my health. I can't tell the difference visually, but different people are starting to notice and ask if I am losing weight. Feels great!

I also have to focus more on my social health. I have great friends that I have not seen in close to a year that live less than 20 minutes away from me. I may shoot a text or fb message here and there, but to me, that's not enough. More face to face time, less facebook time! :)

For Thanksgiving I am going to my cousin's house in the country. We usually have this huge dinner in a rented building, complete with a theme and entertainment. This year it will be more traditional. I don't know how I feel about that. I guess it's cool, because it's all about the fellowship and food anyway to me.

For Christmas, my family and I are going to the Gaylord Resort. This will be our 3rd year going! I am soo thankful and blessed that I am able to treat my family to a nice "vacation". My grandmother, mother, and aunt have invested soo much into my well being financially that I feel that no matter how much I spend on them, it will never fully repay them for all the times they have had my back and paid my way when I had dust in my pockets and bank account.

I took the whole week off, so the plan is to stay at the resort for 2 nights and then spend sometime catching up with some friends I grew up with. Whenever I go home, I never really go anywhere. If I see one of my old friends, it's because I ran into them at the store or something like that. :( I already plan on going to iPic movie theater, which is basically a high scale theater and restaurant (heated reclining seats and all that jazz), and going to work out with 2 different friends that are fitness instructors now. One is a traditional instructor and one leads a Da Go-Go class where you basically do high cardio choreographed routines to go-go music. My friend advertises the class and puts videos up on fb all the time. It looks like soo much fun! They have no idea what my plans are, so it will be a nice surprise. I just hope they don't cancel classes that week.

Nothing is going on in January that I know of...

At the end of February I am going to Texas!!! Woot woot! One of my friends from PT school lives out there now and invited our little group to their home. She practices Muy Thai and Jiu Jitsu and wants me to go with her to her gym when I'm there! Soo excited about that! MT and BJJ are more aggressive than TaeKwonDo, but I still look forward to it. I am still taking TKD by the way. I still look like an idiot and move pretty slow, but I get my sweat on and that's what it's all about for me.

This is getting pretty long and I need to read a few blogs and clean my place. I took the day off from all jobs today, so I have no excuse! I have been planning on bleaching my bathroom and shampooing the carpets for months! Gotta suck it up and get it done. I also have putting the Christmas tree up on my to do list...*sigh* Fun! LOL!











2 comments:

Monique said...

Congrats on the wonderful things happening your life! I hope you have a great holiday season

Ladynay said...

You too Mo!!!!!