Monday, January 23, 2006

Prejudice within prejudice/25 questions

Today while on the way to work I came across a discussion on the radio about overweight/obese people. There was this woman who called in and had one of the weight loss surgeries done and she was talking about how she does not like big people.

"Big people have a tendency to smell"
"I can't stand being in a restaurant with big people or watching them eat"

Everything she had to say was priceless. So the morning show host asked her what she weighed pre surgery......460lbs! Now post surgery she is 222, but how in the heck does she have the right to talk about big people when she has been in big people shoes! The other host said something to that nature and she said that when she was bigger she took care of her self and was not like other big people she never smelled. She also said that she felt this way about big people before she had the surgery!!!!!

Now I will admit. When I see a severely large person I may look longer than I should, take a double glance, or even thank God that I haven't got to that point in my weight. Which isn't the best thing to do either.

But how do you talk about a group of people that your apart of? How does that work? Is there a difference in big people like there is a difference in black people (blacks vs. niggers vs. bougie)? Come on now! The last person I expect to hear the typical comments about big people is from someone who is big or used to be....especially 400+ pounds!

EDIT for Nikki's post!!!!!
1. are you content with your life?
I am okay with it so far....

2. if not, what would make you content?
A degree, a job in my field, knowing I raised my daughter right, being financially able to hold things down for my family when they need me.

3. if so, what makes you content with it?
I am living and that I am working towards my goals.

4. what do you like most about yourself?
I tend to get along with most people.

5. what do you wish you could change about yourself?
My trust and security issues.

6. what irritates you most about other people?
They feel the need to lie to me, when they don't need to.

7. what state do you live in?
NC

8. what do you look for in the mate who would be most compatible for you? (you'll notice i didn't say perfect mate, cuz there is no such thing as perfection, only perfection in imperfections).
attention, just simply pays attention

9. do you enjoy giving oral sex?
yes

10. if so, why?
the reactions

11. if not, why?
n/a

12. how old were you when you lost your virginity?
Older than most

13. was it a good experience for you?
Yep

14. what motivates you to wake up each morning?
Breakfast! LOL, I stopped eating after 8pm so my stomach is usually ready for food in the morning.

15. what do you see yourself doing in five years?
With my degree in my career choice.

16. what is your 'big plan' for 2006?
Knock alot of semester hours out, get back to pre pregnancy weight

17. what do you love most about being single?
Freedom

18. how often do you have sex in a week?
Does self love count? LOL

19. do you masturbate?
When I need to

20. what are your favorite television shows?
I don't watch TV

21. who are your favorite actors/actresses?
I like Morgan Freeman...Halle....Denzel...Leon...on and on

22. what are you listening to on your ipod/cd player right now?
Rare Essence (go go)

23. give me three adjectives that best describe you.
Nice, considerate, thoughtful

24. what is your zodiac sign?
Leo

25. what do you love most about blogging?
You get to learn so much about how different people live. My personal blog allows me to share the little insignificant things that nobody cares about.

9 comments:

The Foxybrown Show said...

Preach on Sistah, I'm with you on this, it makes me wonder WHY someone who not so long ago was a part of that group and I agree this is very reflective of self-hatred.

Excellent Post!

Ladynay said...

Foxy and Nikki - self hatred indeed, she just struck a cord with me....

Dani - technically, bougie is a candle, but in this sense bougie is basically someone (black) who believes they are better than everyone else.

Waddie G. said...

That lady is going thru self-hatred...she is still overweight and has to nerve to bad mouth other overweight people.

Waddie G. said...

by the way, I'm borrowing your 25 questions...LOL

Darius T. Williams said...

People, People, People...I mean hey - what can you do? You can't live with them and you shole can't live without them...

Coming Into Reality,
-Jamal

Ladynay said...

GQ - I know right?!?! You can have the questions, it was a tag from Nikki :-P

JKF - "shole"?? I "reckon" you bout country as I am! LOL

nikki said...

thank you, ladynay! i knew you'd come through for a sista. i'll be linking your answers on friday.

Ladynay said...

Dani - I don't have cable, the time, or the interest, to watch TV.

When Pooka is home I may watch a portion of her Blue Clues, Dora, Seasame Street, Backyardigans tapes....stuff like that! LOL

Nikki - your welcome, next time don't tag EVERYONE!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
»