Tuesday, January 02, 2007

You asked so I am telling

These are in no particular order outside of me answering the questions in my comment section first then the one's on my email. I guess the way I wrote the post implied that I wanted my questioned emailed to me cuz that's where most of them came, but whatever, here are the answers...

are u excited about meeting some bloggers this weekend?
Yes I was excited and nervous about meeting bloggers this weekend, but from reading my last post you know what happened to all that! LOL

Are you still mad at me for not contacting you when I was in Raleigh?
Still mad? I never was mad. Disappointed, but not mad. One of my homegirls lives by you so I'm sure will hang out eventually.

What's been your most memorable experience of 2006?
It's a tie between taking my daughter to school for her first day, my grandfathers funeral, and getting drunk for the first time this past Friday.

Will En Vogue ever come back with a new album? Will Dawn be part of it?
I put these 2 together. I hope they come back with another album. I liked EnVogue. It wasn't the same when they made an album w/o Dawn so if they do try again I hope she is apart of it.

what side of the bed do you sleep on?
HAHAHAHAHA! Too observant! Right now I prefer my couch but I usually sleep on the right side of the bed. When I slept with someone on a regular basis the right side was my side and it kinda stuck with me.

what's your biggest regret?
Drinking that mf'er, LOL!

what are you most proud of?
Doing what I do and still managing to keep most my sanity. I look at my daughter who's healthy, well fed, well loved, and well spoken and it boggles my mind that I had something to do with that even with school and work going on.

if you could be an animal, what would you be?
This was a question I was asked in a job interview one time. LOL I think I would say a Kuala bear. They are cute and cuddly till you rub them the wrong way, then they'll claw your eyes out! No that wasn't my answer for the interview but I did say a bear.

what do you want your legacy to be?
I would like my legacy to be loyalty, determination, honesty and love. Those are the first things that came to mind.

if you could go back and change one thing in your past, what would it be?
I would not have been so trusting of some people of my past for as long as I was.

what bloggers would you most like to meet in person? (I got this one twice)
All the folks listed on the left. My favorite ones top the list in priority and if your a favorite you already know it and may even know why! LOL I generally like for folks to name names and reasons when they get this question but I am not going to do that. If you made my blog roll there is something about you I find intriguing.

what made you decide to start blogging?
I started reading my girlfriends blog and started hopping on to other blogs. After awhile I felt kinda guilty for reading other peoples business and not sharing some of mine. So one day in June I decided to start one of my own.

What inspires you?
Many people inspire me for many different things. For example, Reg inspires me to continue in my dream to be a PT. When stuff gets hard I remind myself that if he can get through PT school and land a job, so can I. My daughter inspires me to keep living and to try to be a good person. It really all depends on what I am trying to do to say what inspires me.

Biggest fear?
I am afraid of standing heights. If I still had the desire to ride roller coasters I wouldn't have an issue, but to go to the top of a building and look down is not something I can do without freaking out on the inside. My fam went up the Sears towers when we went to Chicago and they thought I was playing when I said I wasn't going up with them. Why would I pay to scare myself half to death or to hold a wall?

Believe in monogamy?
Not for long periods of time, esp. men. I don't say that to be sexist but it is hard for people to be monogamous and even more so with men. Right now I feel as far as men I deal with go, I can be Miss Perfect and he'd act on the urge to stray eventually. Nothing is better than pussy than new pussy? Heard that b4? Sure you have!

Believe in marriage?
Sure I believe in marriage. I think our generation does it for the wrong reasons, but I believe in them and maybe one day I'd do it. Who knows?

Do you want to have more kids?
Yes, I would like to be in a stable marriage and financially able to have about 2 more kids.

Do you consider yourself to be spiritual?
I consider myself to be a spiritual person, not to be confused with religious. I believe in God and prayer.

What do you love most about yourself?
My ability to get along with just about everybody. I know there are people that don't like me cuz everyone that knows me or of me can't like me. I don't know who they are or why they don't like me, but what can I do?

Are you bisexual?
Yes and no, allow me to explain. Some people define being bi as having sex or having the strong desire to have sex with both genders. I have been eaten out by a woman before during a 3some (I haven't done it), I have also kissed a woman so some may classify me as bi. But I don't. I don't have the desire to have one on one encounters with woman nor do I want to have or build a romantic relationship with a woman. My sexual preference is towards men. I consider myself st8 or heterosexual. What you think maybe different.

What are your short and long term goals?
One of my short term goals is to complete all the work on my desk by the end of the work day tomorrow. A long term goal is to lose 100 pounds by time I am 30.

What songs best describes you?
Believe it or not this was one of my hardest questions! If I could only pick one it would be that song by India Arie that talks about how she's not built like a super model and her worth is not determined by the price of her clothes but she is still a queen.

What do you like to do for fun and relaxation?
Surf the net, hang out with my friends, play with my daughter, do things that make me feel pretty like giving myself a pedicure, have sex and sleep.

What would you rather be doing right now?
Making out all cute like on my couch.

What won't you blog about?
I wouldn't blog about or mention another bloggers business unless they have already mentioned it on their blog.

What's the last movie you went to see?
The Wicker Man *yarn*

What's the next movie you want to see?
Happy feet in IMAX. LadyKat and I might be going to see Charlotte's Web with Pooka and her God siblings this weekend so that might be the next movie I actually see.

What are three things you'd like to do before 2007 is over?
Ace all my classes, meet more people, and go somewhere out the country. My fam is planning a trip to Jamaica so if I bust my hump in class and save my money right I can possibly do all 3!

If you had 10 individuals that were in the same room with you and they all had most of the qualities that you were looking for in a person you were interested in. What special qualities one of the peeps must have to put them above the rest of the individuals?
This question required thought too. But I think that one person would have to have eyes that spoke to me and a good comfortable aura surrounding them. Those type things you can't practice to perfect. Example, one can position their eyes in a sexy manner, but one can't make them tell me that you genuinely want me.

AND LAST BUT NOT LEAST
Who would you want to play yourself in a movie?
This one required some research cuz I could not think of a young chubby black actress, but I found Raven Goodwin. She will play Lil JJ's cousin on Nickelodeon's new series Just Jordan. She would play the young me and Monique would play the older me. I was gonna say Jill Scott at first because I think she is pretty and she can sing which I wish I could do, but Monique is a better fit.



So there it's is folks, thanks for participating!

20 comments:

4EverJennayNay said...

oh... am i first???

great!

Happy New Year Lady, if I haven't told you already.

Maybe I missed something, but that was your first time being drunk???

Reading this reminded me how cool you were. We gotta hang out again Lady.

deepnthought said...

Okay. Happy new year missy. That one question about meeting bloggers, made me go awwww, at the answer. I kept saying I was oing to emailyou a question. Good looking out to whomever asked My question. You know I ask everyone what they want their legacy to be. Thanks for sharing yourself with us.

Ladynay said...

Yep Nay your first and I am kinda surprised to see you on blogger, kinda. LOL! Happy New Years!

Yes, my first and hopefully only time being drunk was last Friday. It was a mess!

We most definitely gotta somehow make our schedules act right soon!

Happy New Year DNT!!!!! Glad to know that someone asked your question for you cuz it will be a long time b4 I do this ask me post again, if ever! LOL

TrinaBeingTrina said...

I love this post. I didn't ask a question but I feel like all basis were covered.

I heard on a movie that if you are single it's not good to have a particular side of the bed. You should sleep in the middle. I though that was good advice ;-)

Anyhoo...Happy New Year!

Ladynay said...

Yeah, the questions where kinda wide spread which was cool. I didn't get asked some questions that I thought I would but whatever! LOL

I may venture to the middle or left side of the bed while I am sleep, but my sweet sleep spot is on the right. You can see where I mostly lay on my bed! LOL

Happy New Year!!!

LUVIN ME said...

Happy New Year!

Looks like you covered most of the things I was curious about...

Pamalicious said...

Good Morning and those are great questions? Isn't it humbling when you realize that there are people out there genuinely interested in what you have to say. Places alot of responsiblity on us personal bloggers to continue to enlighten through our own spectrum.

Damn why am I sooooo intellectual this morning - must be lack of food! LOL

Ladynay said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR LUVIN!

I wonder what your was curious about that I answered? Hmmmmm

Pam, if lack of food makes you an intellect then I need to start starving myself! LOL Go get you an apple or something!

Freaky Deaky said...

Nice and interesting post even though you totally back pedaled and chickened out on naming names. :o(

Ladynay said...

LOL, okay, I would like to meet Freaky among others because he seems like he would be a interesting person to witness in person. I think he is amusing and wonder if he is really like that in person.

Is that response good enough? LOL

Lady J said...

Happy New Year!!! I'm sorry I didn't participate in the questions but they were still good.
I learned alot about you and it was very interesting.

Freaky Deaky said...

It's okay, I guess but technically, you only named a name and not names. I'm just saying you'd want names and now you're trying to be all discrete and down low. LOL! [Thinks it's kind of fun messing with Ladynay and putting her on the hot seat but I better stop because her van is mean mugging me.]

Depends on how long it takes me to get over my nervousness and feel comfortable around a person and my mood. I can be a lot of things. ;o)

Ladynay said...

Happy New Year LadyJ!

Learning is always a good thing! LOL

Ladynay said...

FD, whatever! LOL

I like a hot seat, it warms the tushie!

Jameil said...

first day! so cute. why is our generation so programmed to believe monogamy is impossible? i guess we're just more open about it. b/c its not like our parents and grandparents were faithful hence all those half bros and sisters but still. it's painful. and sad.

Ladynay said...

Jameil, it is sad. I don't have an example of a monogamous relationship. All the ones I thought were, really wasn't. It may have took 7 years for someone to float, but it happens....

TTD said...

i love monique! reppin' bmore!!! :-)

and u weren't drunk friday.. u were wasted.. there's a difference.. being drunk is cool.. that's being a little above ur happy place.. being wasted... that's being waaay beyond ur happy place

i couldnt help but to left at ur regret.. dont regret it.. take it as a lesson learned...

Ladynay said...

Oh my bad TTD, didn't know the difference. I should have said severely impaired! Thanks for the clear up! ROFL

Lesson learned indeed!

4EverJennayNay said...

Nay I see you! I'm not that bad at posting! I'll try to be better this year.

Not drunk but wasted? What ALL did you drink?

Ladynay said...

long story short I had 9 drinks. Read the Lucy I'm home post starting w/the 2nd Friday paragraph talking about TTD's pre New Years get together for the highlights, lol.