Thursday, July 19, 2007

I'm already bored and I've only been here an hour!

We are in the process of converting to a new system at work. This leaves me with nothing to do. I've done everything that most people will be doing this morning yesterday! So today will be spent surfing the net, talking to coworkers, and trying to avoid eating all the goodies at work today. Someone brought in 4 dozen Kri spy Kre mes and another coworker (who can cook and bake her butt off) made a shit load of muffins of various kinds. So far I haven't had anything. One of the supervisors (not mine) I guess brought a ham biscuit and didn't want it or something cuz he gave it to me. *shrug* I did eat that, but that is it.

Do to boredom I had somewhat of a conversation with Common Denominator yesterday...for an HOUR...a whole HOUR! I say somewhat cuz it was mostly her talking and me going "uh huh, yeah, for real?, etc..."Then get this, I didn't want to kill her when she walked out my office! I think Hell got 10 degrees cooler! LOL

My mom is planning to come hang with me in about 2 weeks! YAY! My mom hasn't come to visit me in awhile. I am excited about that.

More stuff is breaking down on me, but I am not stressing it. I vented to Snookums and I am going to deal with it and keep it moving.

The backcrawl is one swimming stroke that I just can't get. I can't find my rhythm with it like I can with every other stroke we've had to learn thus far. My final is on the 30th which is not far away at all, so I better get with it if I want to secure my A. We have a make up day Friday and I might take a half day next week at work to get some more pool time in.

I really want to see Hairspray this Friday and The Simpsons a week from then, but I don't think that is gonna happen for me for various reasons.

Today is supposed to be 98 degrees, without the humidity or heat index stuff to consider.

What the heck am I supposed to do till 6pm? UGH!!!!!!!!!!

9 comments:

deepnthought said...

I want to see Hairspray and the Simpsons toooooooooo. Lets go together.
No one will see them with me. I know I will be laughing hard.

Just resist the goodies. You can do it. I am having to use will power to not devour this cake that my aunt sent over to me. I looks sooooooo good.

Did I tell you how awesome I think it is that you are taking swimming. Well it is. I think you will get the back scratch thingy. I mean crawl. You will get it and knock this class out the box too.

Ladynay said...

No one? I don't believe that!

I did have a muffin but I am good.

ROFL@back scratch! No need to think it's awesome. I have to take these swim courses if I want to get the degree I want! LOL

Freaky Deaky said...

I want to and definitely plan on seeing the Simpsons next week. Mmm Simpsons. Somehow the idea of John Travolta in drag just doesn't appeal to me all that much. Go figure.

You don't hear those dough nuts calling your name? Get your fingers out of your ears. I want some. :o(

You didn't make Common Denominator cry this time? Yay for anger management. LOL! [ducks to avoid flying office supplies] Seems like you still have a ways to go. ;o)

deepnthought said...

I am not a fan of large bodies of water. I dont do swimming pools. So, anyone who can take a swimming class is my hero. lol

No one wants to see them. Not here in Georgia anyway. No one in my circle. go figure.

I still want cake too.

Ladynay said...

Freaky, You know you dream about John Travolta at night in drag! We all cool here, you can tell us! ROFL

There is a dozen and a half left, help yourself!

I don't have anger issues, my name isn't Freaky Deaky *cheese*

DNT, I remember you not doing the big bodies of H2O.

Dang, you may have to sneek and see them on your own.

I had some yummy birthday cake yesterday! Mmmmmmmmm

AR Gal said...

Boredom has brought the masses together at work, lol. That does make for a slow work day but at least you still have the internet to keep you occupied. :-)

Ladynay said...

Argal, it did for a moment. They launched the next phase earlier than we thought so I have PLENTY to do at the moment.

The net was slow, dull and boring too!

Anonymous said...

Getting paid to do nothing...my kind of day at work.

I plan on seeing The Simpsons. I'm not feeling the Hairspray previews.

I just posted about learning how to swim. Oneday maybe...

Ladynay said...

I was having a day like, not anymore! :-(

Me either, but I loved the Ricki Lake one so I wanna see the new one.

The sooner you learn the better. At least learn to doggy paddle or tread water just in case you find yourself in situation.