Monday, August 06, 2007

Laid back

As usual, my weekend was laid back. I did 99% of my list from Friday. I just couldn't find the motivation to clean my fridge.

The closest place to dry my clothes was in a Latino strip mall. At first I was hesitant, but I had to dry my clothes and I didn't know where the next closest place was. They didn't bother me and I didn't bother them. 3 more black folks came through after I took on the "I don't care, I just need to dry my clothes" mentality and felt even better. I hate that I felt like that initially, but it was what it was. Pooka had to use the bathroom and the closest public restroom was in the Latino supermarket at the end of the strip. Let me find out that I might have to do a lil shopping with Jose and 'em. They had some good prices up in there!!!! If you can ignore the smell of the place long enough to shop you can come up out of there with some good deals! The bathroom was nasty. Only 2 of the 4 stalls were open and the one not in use was full of **it, literally. I waited for the chicka to finish, got the toilet right for my child to use and watched her fix her hair and walk out. Not once did I hear the sound of water. UGH!

I got all Pooka school supplies except for a magazine thingamabob. The Target team member no I could figure out what the item was or find it in the store. I'll just wait till school orientation and have the teacher show me what they want me to get. I also picked up some wax hair removal strips. They were on clearance and I am slowly but surely taking better care of myself which right now I am focused on my skin. I am also changing up my swimsuit for the fall semester. The skirt on it isn't as long and it shows the bikini line so I gotta keep everything bare and smooth. Maybe I have to wait until my hair grows longer or something but the strips didn't get everything and I followed the directions! I am trying to get my smooth on and at the moment what I brought isn't doing it. I got some cream too. I will wait to try that out, then if that don't give me the feel I want I am going to spend some money on a good razor and go old school. I normally use disposables but I've been told by a few folks to leave them alone. I'll see what works.

I was bored enough to make a tentative plan of the rest of my college career on the undergrad level. I know what I am going to take and the semesters I am going to take them. If Central don't flip the script on me, this time next year I will be entering my last semester and graduating in the winter! YAY! I also changed my schedule yet again. I am not taking stats till the summer. It just works out better that way in the end. :-) So now I am going to take Adapted PE in its place.

The rest of the weekend was spent loving up on my child. The older she gets the more entertaining she becomes I swear! She currently wants her birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. *sigh* I dunno about all that. Then again she has changed what she wanted many times already...a skating party, a slumber party, then a bowling party, now Chuck E Cheese. I was going to rent the shelter at the local park, but I am not sure if I wanna do all the work to make it happen! LOL I got 3 weeks to figure something out!

Edit to vent:

I went to the lunch room to heat up my lunch where I hear my mixed coworker ask my 2 white coworkers where a park was. The 2 white coworkers don't live in Raleigh so one said she didn't know and the other that did said that it was by a certain gas station on a certain hwy. The mixed coworker didn't know where that gas station was on the hwy and the white coworker that responded said that that is the only landmark she knows that it's near. This is where I jumped in on the convo (bad on my part) and said "its on (insert street name) near (insert a few establishments). Have you know my mixed coworker kept looking towards the white coworker and gave her the look like "did I ask her? At that point I shut my mouth, pressed the buttons on the microwave and walked out. I don't know who was more in the wrong, me for jumping in, or her for not accepting the answer to her question in a rude manner. The only reason I mentioned race in this is because it is very rare that she speaks to the non white members on staff. I don't know what the deal is.

12 comments:

AR Gal said...

A slumber or bowling party sounds like fun! I've never been a fan of the Chuckey Cheese b-days I've been too. lol It's just something about all that noise.

Ladynay said...

Chuck is okay with me for the most part, just expensive per child.

So a slumber party wouldn't be noisey? We are talking 5 and 6 year olds now, not teens! LOL I am not ready to go that route just yet.

Ms.Honey said...

Aww gotta love Pooka I tell ya LOL

I know your having a party for graduation right WOOHOOO LOL

I didnt do laundry so you and me both didnt do somethin on our TO DO list LOL

Ladynay said...

Yeah Imma do something! That's is huge milestone for me.

Great so I am not the only one!

Freaky Deaky said...

You should've choked the mixed chick out against the wall, lift up your leg, and let it rain on her. I'd quote a scene or two from Roots while I was beating the snot out of her too. Do I need to send you one of my bricks? The brick of righteousness sounds good right about now doesn't it?

At this point in my life I'd rather let something explode inside me than to use a public restroom. Yuck!

A house full of screaming 5 and 6 year olds, good luck with that.

Does this new swimsuit have a thong bottom too?

AR Gal said...

Yeah, a slumber party would be noisey! I forgot about the age range of the kids, my bad.lol

I'm not surprised at your co-worker with her rude behind. I just hope she knows those same folks tail she is kissin will be the ones to stab her in the back. It never fails.

Shaunda Fennell said...

Let me at her? I can make her black and BLUE for acting like that! She got some of us in her and needs to accept it! Trifling!

Shaunda Fennell said...

And slumber party for Pooka wont be that bad... she doesnt even talk! LOL Just kidding. We have had several and you know I just did one for the oldest of ours and it wasnt that bad. I had a good time! At least at that age, you can send them to bed at a decent time and still have peace!

Anonymous said...

Why did I go to another Chucky E Cheese party yesterday? I've been too that place every weekend for the last three weeks. I'm tired of Chucky!

I'm not surprised about your mixed coworker. I went to school with a girl who was mixed and almost as dark as me but she didn't talk to black people. Plus it was rumored her father was my cousin.

Ladynay said...

Freaky, yeah send me a industrial strength brick for her tail!

Yeah public bathrooms can be gross.

At no point have I said I was doing the slumber party. I just stated that that was what my child wanted at one point. LOL

The swimsuit is completely bottomless ;-P

Argal, she isn't even kissing tail of folks that are important!

Lsbnmom, you ain't lying. I guess she thinks she can deny her black part cuz she's yellow with long hair. *eyeroll*

My child talks! Just not to yall. ROFL! See doing one for the oldest is different than doing one for the youngest T, in my opinion.

I am just not ready to take on a slumber party at this stage of the game.

Southern, so you saying I should invite O to Pooka's party if we do Chuck? LOL

I don't get some folks. I can see if she didn't talk to some of our more ghetto staff, but she is crossed the board with hers!

blkbutterfly said...

be careful w/ that cream. i used it once several years ago and nearly burnt the skin off my leg. this was before i realized i have sensitive skin.

why did you think the Latinos would bother you at the washateria? (oh my, i just said washateria! Houston is rubbing off on me, i see.)

you weren't at fault for giving her an answer to her question. it's not as if she was talking about something ultra personal.

Ladynay said...

Funny you should say that cuz the wax strips burned my skin and it wasn't the heat of the wax cuz you warm the strips with your hands.

Oh no, you picking up the lingo already! LOL

I'm saying! That was my thought but I wasn't sure. If it was personal she shouldn't have been talking in the manner she was! *eyeroll*