Friday, July 25, 2008

Happy Birthday to me!

Well LadyNay, what are you going to do today since it's your special day?

Hmmmmm well when 12am struck I was taking a break from studying for my physics test today and chit chatted with Snookums. He then wished me a happy birthday and I went back to the books. I went to bed, woke up a few hours later, studied some more, got ready for work.

Now that I am at work I am blogging and plan to get some work done. At about 11 I am going to start reviewing for my test again on the sly. After I leave at 11:30 I am going to Ace this test. *forcing positive thoughts* After school I need to get my van inspected. The place I usually go to in the hood has a broken machine so I dunno how I am going to deal with it. My windshield wipers work when they want to and if they don't work for the inspection the van won't pass. Hence the reason I can't just go anywhere. I have some possible solutions but haven't worked them out all the way yet.

After I pick up the kid I may go buy me a small Carvel birthday cake or may go out for dinner *shrug* don't know yet. After I eat, I plan to go see the X-files movie that comes out today. Maybe, just maybe I'll get some b-day loving. We'll see. I am not doing it big like I told myself I would on this day last year and I am not in the most chipper of moods, but it'll be alright.

Slim Shady just came in to give me a birthday shout out and invited me to lunch. I'll be in Durham during the lunch hours so I took a rain check. Free lunch next week. Nothing wrong with that.

Dang! Another coworker just rolled up and gave me a chicken biscuit from Chick-fil-a for my birthday. Well alright!

Why everyone wanna feed the fat girl for her birthday? I mean it's obvious I like to eat but man! LOL!

Where was I? Oh yeah I'll be alright...full and alright.

Some of you guys ROCK! In the span of 5 minutes I got 3 Hallmark ecards with my favorite duo Hoops and Yoyo in them. My day is officially better already! Yay!

It would be fitting of me to go ahead and do my birthday theme post today so here it be...

My 2nd birthday party was one I'll never forget. Ladynay, you remember stuff from that long ago? Only the party, after that I remember my first day of school and some days during the kindergarten year. But anywho, my 2nd birthday party was off the chain. My parents were still married and we lived in the country part of NC. I was sent to play in my room while my parents and whomever set up the living room and kitchen. When it was time to start, my father came in my room and put a black toboggan over my head. It smelled like grape jelly and I could partially see through the fabric. He walked his "blinded" daughter to the living room and took off the hat. All my cousins, my aunts, my grandparents, and rest of the fam was there. There were multi colored balloons all over the floor and I had 2 cakes! One was in the shape of a panda and one was in the shape of a rainbow. I still don't know why I had 2 cakes. Maybe I should ask my mom about that when she calls today. Hmmmmm.

We all run around and have fun. It must have rained that morning because outside my front steps was a big mud puddle. One of my cousins got in trouble for almost jumping in it. I was having so much fun up until I saw my aunt and my cousins, who were about 7-10 years old, stomping on my pretty balloons that covered the floor! I remember being pissssssssed! My parents got them to stop and all was well again. Party continues. Time to cut the cake came and as my family sung the birthday song I went under the table and would not come out. After some trying my mom got me from under the table. Party continues. I remember my grandfather being knocked out on our couch. There is a polaroid of this somewhere in the world. That is the only pic I know of that was taking at that party.

That was one of the few birthdays that I'll never forget.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

YAY I'M FIRST TO SAY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Hope your day gets better for you. Have a slice of cake for me too!!!

Ladynay said...

Thanks! I just edited my post to mention my day being better cuz of some e-cards I got from some pretty cool folks :-)

Monique said...

Happy Birthday, honey. Enjoy your day and be grateful to be blessed with another year.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!!!! Have a wonderful day!

blkbutterfly said...

Happy, Happy Birthday! Have a great day!

ShawnQt said...

Happy Birthday! I dont always comment but I do read!

Darius T. Williams said...

Oh My FREAKING God - happy birthday Ma! Remember me telling u I was coming to Charlotte - well, I'm still coming. Except, I'm going on a road trip w/some friends...so I'm going to Gaffney, SC. Can you bring my cornbread there?

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I guess I came back to the blog world just in time.

Hope you have a wonderful on and enjoy your VERY special day.

Jameil said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!! HAVE A GREAT DAY!!!

ChpterReads said...

Happy birthday. May it be filled with Joy and love and most importantly laughter. Continue to be the fabulous you that you already are! Enjoy each day, and I know you Aced that physics test! Be blessed.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

AR Gal said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!

Have fun and enjoy it!

Ladynay said...

THANK YALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!

You guys rule!

Hugs and kisses for all!

Thank you thank you thank you!

Rashan Jamal said...

Happy Birthday!! I thought I had a good memory, but remembering 2 year old stuff is amazing.

LovelyBella73 said...

Happy Birthday.. I know I'm late, but I just had to say it!

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DIVA!!!!! I hope you have a blessed day!

Give Pooka a hug for me!!!!!

Love ya!

Ladynay said...

Rashan, that is my earliest memory, after that party I don't remember anything else before my first day of school.

Bella and Erica. THANK YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU! *hugs*

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Aw dadgum! Got to the party late!
I'd have sent you an e-card too but alas, no e-mail address...

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

So Happy Birthiversary!!!!

Ladynay said...

2nd 68, they have belated birthday ecards *cheese*

Thanks for the b-day love!

Eb the Celeb said...

Happy belated birthday!

The Second Sixty-Eight said...

Ya know that thing about the no e-mail address was a hint...

But still. Check ya inbox!