Tuesday, September 14, 2010

A Pooka moment

My check that I was supposed to have Friday came in the mail today! Yay! It was post marked on the 9th which is correct because they always cut and mail the checks Thursday and I get it Friday. So the problem was with the postal service. Booooooooooooo!

Anywho, since I didn't have much food in the kitchen my cousin offered to buy dinner for the 3 of us tonight and gave me some $$$ to put in my gas tank. Awwwwwwwwwwww! I put on facebook that I was upset about not getting my check in the mail and I didn't bother to think that she had access to that message. Oh well. I am thankful to have a full belly *belch* LOL!

Speaking of facebook...I looked up someone that I used to blog about and saw their fb stuff. Part of me wants to befriend them just so I can be nosey. It's horrible I know!

But let me get back to the original post title. So tonight my cousin, Pooka, and I eat dinner, finish, and Pooka goes to my room to read. She is supposed to read for at least 20 minutes every night. She has a reading log where she writes down the name of the book, what page she started on, what page she finished on, and how many minutes she read. Next to the minutes block is an area for the parent/gaurdian to sign off on it. Okay. So after dinner me and my cousin have a long talk about various life things. It was really nice to sit and chill with her. She has been here since mid to late July and with our schedules we don't really see each other much which is cool, but sucks at the same time. As we are at the table just chatting it up Pooka comes in with her notebook open to her reading log for me to sign. Why did she write that she read from page 1 to 117 in 25 minutes!!!!! I looked at her and said "I'm not signing that" and she gives me this "why" look. I repeat myself and told her to go back, really read, and put the right numbers down because I didn't believe what she wrote was real. She went back in the room and I started laughing. I shared with my cousin what happened and we both had a great laugh about it and talked about all the stupid stuff we tried to get away with when we were younger and swore up and down we were getting over on our parents! LOL!

My cousin and I talk somemore and about 15-20 minutes later Pooka reemerges with the same notebook opened to the same page. I glance down to see what she changed in her log and this chick erased 117 and put down 156!!!! My cousin looked at the book and we both fell out laughing again! Pooka still to this moment doesn't understand why we were laughing so hard at her log! HA! I told her to change the 156 to 20 and I would sign it. So she did.

I love my child!

8 comments:

Jameil said...

POST OFFICE FAIL!!!

What else do people use fb for?

I will be devastated if my children don't like to read.

Ladynay said...

Agreed!

I don't know now that you ask! HAHA!

That's the thing. Pooka likes to read. It's one area outside of science type stuff that she enjoys!

AR Gal said...

And here I was thinking Pooka was going to decrease the number of pages she read. That was hilarious!!!

AR Gal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Freaky Deaky said...

You might want to send a complaint to your local postmaster about the delay in your mail. I do it from time to time and it doesn't hurt.

What book was it? If it was the Albino assassination manual then I believe she read every last one of those pages she claimed. LOL. Seriously though you said you were talking for awhile so couldn't she have been reading for more than 20 minutes and just put down what she read? Maybe there are lots of pictures in the book and those count too.

blkbutterfly said...

it's FB, so it's ok to be... highly inquisitive. ;-)

lol @ Pooka! poor thing really thought she was going to get over on her mama!

Gorgeous_Puddin said...

That was some crazy tomfoolery from the post office. You should complain.

Pooka was funny with that one!

K. Rock said...

LOL @ Pooka! You gotta try right?